Can't use Office when no internet is available

Anonymous
2015-10-22T05:14:46+00:00

I have a student license (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***), and everytime I want to use anything like Word, it asks me to '...Activate Office if you've already bought it'. This is really frustrating since there are many areas in my university that dont have internet. How can I solve this?

Private Information Masked by Moderator, Thanks for Your Understanding.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-03T13:48:29+00:00

    Hi Fridaynet,

    We have received the information that you have sent through via Private Message. We will be engaging the related team and continue to provide any updates here.

    @other community members who encounter the same issue in this thread, it would be appreciated if you could also share the log and information via PM for us.

    Thanks,

    Iris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-03T08:36:16+00:00

    Hi Fridaynet and Francesco,

    We need tenant information and the related log files from you so we can escalate this issue to our related team. If you are not a tenant administrator either check with your workplace/school tech support team for updates on the status of your service or have them engage with us on this thread. Would tenant administrators please contact me via Private Messages to provide this information via https://community.office365.com/user/conversations?

    Thanks,

    Jerry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-03T05:59:11+00:00

    I have the very same problem.

    Office 365 (2016) and mac os x latest version.

    Word asks for activation while offline (everytime, even without restarting the mac). When I go online, I just need to click Activate and it does it automatically, no need to type username and password.

    Thank you,

    Marco.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-01T08:32:39+00:00

    Hi Adam,

    Let us know when you have any update.

    Best Regards,

    Eric Yang

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-01T04:42:06+00:00

    I'll try but not holding my breath... ;-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments