Outlook for Mac 2016 won't sync 365 Calendar and Contacts

Anonymous
2015-03-18T20:39:47+00:00

I've installed the beta on my iMac and my MacPro.  Everything works great on my MacPro with syncing my contact and calendar from 365, even syncs well on my iPhone.  But no matter what I try to do Outlook will not sync my calendar and contacts from 365.  It will sync my mail but that's it.

From all outward appearances the settings are the same.  I've uninstalled the beta, removed the Outlook data from Library, etc., reinstalled and the same situation.

Any idea why it won't sync on two Macs at the same time?

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-26T14:38:22+00:00

    Why is it that the iPhone app will sync my calendar and contacts from Office365 but the desktop version (beta) won't?  

    This is stupid.  If the final release is this way then I'll cancel my Office 365 subscription and just use the native Mac apps instead.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-24T17:31:17+00:00

    Unfortunately these steps didn't work. I received the message: The Exchange accountant be added. Note that outlook can only connect to mailboxes on Exchange server 2010 SP2 or later. I then have a blank that asks for the server address which I'm not sure what it is. BTW, this is a home computer, so I'm not sure that I can use an Exchange account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-19T01:00:49+00:00

    How is the account configured in Outlook 2016, is it as exchange or IMAP?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-02T23:28:50+00:00

    Hey Pawan,

    I have my email set up through exchange with the same settings in Outlook 2011 and 2016. In Outlook 2011 I can see my calendar appointments however in 2016 I cannot...

    In Outlook 2016 I can still get reminders however and the calendar appears to sync with the progress bar at the bottom. It's just that the calendar doesn't display anything.

    Screenshot attached

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-03-19T01:13:42+00:00

    All are configured as IMAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments