The newly updated Word 2013 hangs

Anonymous
2016-02-10T16:31:25+00:00

After the new update of MS Office 2013 Pro today the 02/10/2016, hanging Word itself. At first I thought it was the document there was something wrong with, but the same the phenomenon also occurs with new upright and old documents and joins after a few seconds.

I can not remember that I have experienced it earlier

Are there any others with the same experience?

/Stein

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-02-12T15:36:44+00:00

Hello,

We are continuing to investigate why Update KB3114717 cause Word to slow down or hang. As a workaround, you can safely remove that update and we will post more information here as we learn more.

Thanks,

-Mike

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-02-11T12:59:20+00:00

Got the same issue, the culprit was KB3114717 (February 9, 2016, update for Office 2013). After removal of KB3114717 , the freezes disappeared. The update can easily be removed via WSUS (set approval to "removal").

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-13T23:01:07+00:00

    Does this also apply the Insider Preview builds update(fast) ? I updated my PC a few hours ago and had to manually delete the package. But after it was deleted , it remained.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-13T18:48:31+00:00

    KB3114717 was "pulled" on Sat., 13 Feb-16. cf. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114717

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-12T18:17:25+00:00

    Thanks for your response (it's a first step).

    So... please post here, as soon as you have a solution (I expect an automatic "good" update to the "bad" update).

    And... I (as MS) really (seriously) would post this problem also outside of this thread, as there will be millions of users that stand out in the dust right now and have no idea what has "destroyed" abruptly there before working Office!

    Only "insiders" have the idea (and the knowledge) to search here in this forum.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments