The newly updated Word 2013 hangs

Anonymous
2016-02-10T16:31:25+00:00

After the new update of MS Office 2013 Pro today the 02/10/2016, hanging Word itself. At first I thought it was the document there was something wrong with, but the same the phenomenon also occurs with new upright and old documents and joins after a few seconds.

I can not remember that I have experienced it earlier

Are there any others with the same experience?

/Stein

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-02-12T15:36:44+00:00

Hello,

We are continuing to investigate why Update KB3114717 cause Word to slow down or hang. As a workaround, you can safely remove that update and we will post more information here as we learn more.

Thanks,

-Mike

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-02-11T12:59:20+00:00

Got the same issue, the culprit was KB3114717 (February 9, 2016, update for Office 2013). After removal of KB3114717 , the freezes disappeared. The update can easily be removed via WSUS (set approval to "removal").

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-07T10:50:18+00:00

    Hi 

    We have the exact same problem but KB3114717 is not installed on the PC's.

    IS there another one that could be causing the issue. I have gone on to WSUS and declined KB3114717 as well to be on the safe side.

    Thanks David

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-20T09:06:05+00:00

    Simply removing the KB3114717 update has worked fine for me - but I'm working on a university thesis at the moment and I don't have time for this kind of problem, Word 2013 became virtually non-usable after this update was installed. Fortunately,  back to normal now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-17T22:08:23+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments