Office for Mac 2016

Anonymous
2015-07-09T15:52:16+00:00

Today I’m pleased to announce the release of Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac.

Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac enables you do your best work – anywhere, anytime and with anyone. New, modern versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote have the familiar look and feel of Office, and are thoughtfully designed for Mac. You’ll quickly produce quality documents using new online templates, the Insights pane, and recommended charts. You’ll have access to your docs in the cloud whenever you need them. No more sending documents back and forth in email: it’s easy to share your work and have others review it, since several people can edit the same document simultaneously.

What are the system requirements?

Your Mac device needs to be on OS X 10.10 Yosemite or above.

How do I get Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac?

Office 365 subscribers can get Office 2016 for Mac fromOffice.com/myaccount.  If you don’t have an Office 365 subscription you can purchase from Office.com.

How should I update the Preview build to the Release build?

The update will be available shortly.  You can install the update by going to Help > Check for Updates. Otherwise, the Microsoft Auto-Update Tool will inform you sometime today or tomorrow that an update is available. 

Thank you for participating in the preview. Keep your feedback coming.

What languages are supported?

  • Brazilian Portuguese
  • Chinese (Simplified)
  • Chinese (Traditional)
  • Danish
  • Dutch
  • English
  • Finnish
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Norwegian Bokmal
  • Polish
  • Russian
  • Spanish
  • Swedish

For Help information or community support, please visit the following links:

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-11T19:36:40+00:00

    You don't have access to the crash stacks sent to Apple?! That seems insane. Thanks for all your hard work on Office 2016.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-11T19:48:49+00:00

    Word 2016 will appear to save files, but all it does is "lock" the files, and discard all changes since opening.

    Word 2016 will not create new documents.

    Word 2016 will not open files when they are double-clicked; instead, it only opens files using Open or Open Recently Used...

    When a previously saved file is opened, Word 2016 will discard other, unsaved files that are also open.

    This is entirely unusable. Please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-18T19:43:01+00:00

    Hello, I have purchased Office for Mac 2016, but can't find any user manual or tutorials for it. Can you suggest how I can learn using this software?

    Thank you.

    Mustafa Malik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-18T20:24:27+00:00

    Faisal,

    It's been over a week since I posted the crash stack requested. No reply since then and obviously no useful advise or solution for this. Reading other posts I see Office 2016 for Mac has indeed many issues, beyond what's acceptable for any customer.

    You guys should really be more responsible and conscious about our time and productivity. You claim that is the essence of your mission (helping us do more), but by releasing unfinished software you actually do the opposite. We loose time and money, we are less productive, we do less.

    At first I was excited by this release. You managed to turn that to frustration. How will this continue to affect your brand? I guess you know the answer. I would really be concerned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-07-19T18:44:48+00:00

    One of the features in Word that has been touted has been Resume Reading. It sounds like Word automatically bookmarks where one last read, so as to resume there when that document is reopened. Great idea, but I'm not finding this works. It sounds like it is done automatically, which is good as there is no command I'm seeing to do this. But I always get sent back to the first page of a document, regardless of where I had left off. Am I missing something?

    Also, the scrolling is terrible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments