Office for Mac 2016

Anonymous
2015-07-09T15:52:16+00:00

Today I’m pleased to announce the release of Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac.

Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac enables you do your best work – anywhere, anytime and with anyone. New, modern versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote have the familiar look and feel of Office, and are thoughtfully designed for Mac. You’ll quickly produce quality documents using new online templates, the Insights pane, and recommended charts. You’ll have access to your docs in the cloud whenever you need them. No more sending documents back and forth in email: it’s easy to share your work and have others review it, since several people can edit the same document simultaneously.

What are the system requirements?

Your Mac device needs to be on OS X 10.10 Yosemite or above.

How do I get Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac?

Office 365 subscribers can get Office 2016 for Mac fromOffice.com/myaccount.  If you don’t have an Office 365 subscription you can purchase from Office.com.

How should I update the Preview build to the Release build?

The update will be available shortly.  You can install the update by going to Help > Check for Updates. Otherwise, the Microsoft Auto-Update Tool will inform you sometime today or tomorrow that an update is available. 

Thank you for participating in the preview. Keep your feedback coming.

What languages are supported?

  • Brazilian Portuguese
  • Chinese (Simplified)
  • Chinese (Traditional)
  • Danish
  • Dutch
  • English
  • Finnish
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Norwegian Bokmal
  • Polish
  • Russian
  • Spanish
  • Swedish

For Help information or community support, please visit the following links:

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-10T01:23:09+00:00

    Also, I am surprised that Outlook still doesn't open in "Full Screen Mode" as many of us Preview testers reported. It has the "plus" to go big, but it can't create it's own full screen view with the arrows like all the other apps. So help me understand this, Outlook 2016 was the first of the "new" apps released for beta/Prerelease testing, before Word, Excel and Powerpoint, yet they all come out with "Full Screen Mode" and the oldest of the apps is stuck in the past. Am I the only one that thinks that's weird?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-09T21:07:08+00:00

    It's disappointing that I can only get Office 2016 by purchasing Office 365. I have an MSDN subscription that gives me access to all MS software for testing and development purposes, for which my company pays thousands for, and I don't get access to Office 2016 at all. I have to purchase a separate $100 annual license. Why can't MSDN subscribers have Office 2016 available under the subscription?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-09T20:54:55+00:00

    Yeah, it doesn't happen to everyone or even most folks. But others in this forum have reported similar issues with PPT as well. Spent hours today with tech support and got nowhere, and am waiting for a supervisor to call me back. Very frustrating; I really would prefer to not have to email PPT files to myself in order to be able to open them in PPT 2016, when they open perfectly well in 2011. 

    I was hoping Word might have read toolbar preferences from 2011; nope. I also use EndNote, which integrates with Word 2011 (and Pages) using a toolbar and unless and until that has a solution from the developer's end, I'm going to have to hold onto Office 2011 anyway.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-09T20:49:43+00:00

    I just upgraded Office Preview to Office 2016 and I can open existing .ppt files without any apparent issue (I tried with a PPT file dating back to 2014). I wonder what is causing the problem in your case.

    As for Word, I'll keep an eye open in the next coming days. My only regret so far is that it seems we can not longer use the very handy shortcuts we had in Word 2011 to navigate inside a dialog box. They were a real time saver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-07-09T20:29:56+00:00

    Sorry JMyers, no support for this on the Mac, you will have to wait for the retail license to install on a shared computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments