Office 2016 Licensing Service Not Available

Anonymous
2015-09-24T17:40:19+00:00

Since upgrade my Office 2013 software to Office 2106, I am seeing this error in the Windows 10 Event Log

Event 0, Office 2016 Licensing Service

The description for Event ID 0 from source Office 2016 Licensing Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Subscription licensing service failed: -1073418220

  • <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  • <System>

  <Provider Name="Office 2016 Licensing Service" />

  <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>

  <Level>2</Level>

  <Task>0</Task>

  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-09-24T04:12:50.000000000Z" />

  <EventRecordID>10572</EventRecordID>

  <Channel>Application</Channel>

  <Computer>TestSystem</Computer>

  <Security />

  </System>

  • <EventData>

  <Data>Subscription licensing service failed: -1073418220</Data>

  </EventData>

  </Event>

This error normally occurs daily, generated by Microsoft installed Task Scheduler task 'Office Subscription Maintenance' being run.  I've also manually run this task at different times of the day in case the problem is an overloaded license server.  No luck, always fails

Is this something additional I need to accomplish to "reset" something on my computer so it goes to the correct server to validate my license?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-24T11:55:03+00:00

    Hello Vardhaman

    Have you experience the problem described above?

    If so did you try the suggestion you made?

    And when you tried it did you discover it didn't solve the problem?

    If so why suggest it?

    Or did you just suggest it as a pacifier because you have no idea what the solution to the problem is?

    A good tech support engineer would only suggest solutions he/she know works

    A lazy one would just read from a script.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-27T18:35:56+00:00

    Hi Ad van Loon,

    Now that several days have past since you performed a "Fast Recovery / Local Repair", will you please check to see if the error has reappeared?  It seems the error appears once a day.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-26T14:14:42+00:00

    It is February 26, 2016 and I still have this problem polluting the event log.

    It's not fixed.

    MS doesn't comment.

    How sad is MS these days...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-01T11:21:57+00:00

    This sounds strangely similar to Blizzard support. Maybe they have two jobs? :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-01-21T18:04:11+00:00

    Hi everybody,

    My logfiles shows the same error and I didn't choose for Online Repair, because I'm curious: I choose for Fast Recovery / Local Repair and it worked! The error is gone.

    Now I'm ready for the next error in TaskScheduler

    Greetz, Ad

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments