Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
I wonder how many people would sign a petition to chastise Microsoft for these practices and to demand a change in how it deals with those seeking support.
Maybe we've been going about this the wrong way for all too long.
Strongly agree with this couldn't agree more. Support staff and technicians on all levels waist many hours reading and searching then "trying" these suggestions put forward by these Microsoft Engineers only to find nothing works or it's related to or resolved by something totally different.
I always try to avoid the Microsoft support sites these days unless I have exhausted all other avenues.
It's just frustrating and infuriating. Microsoft support must post tried and proven fixes otherwise don't post anything. At least admit you don't know and say your working on it and do that. Then post the fix.
All the Microsoft support sites should be reformed. The culture and the way they provide support must change as it is truly appalling at times. We know they are "Very grateful for being able to help us with our problem and they will do their very best to assist in helping us to resolve our issues". And that they are "very sorry that we are having these issues". Please spare us the small talk and just get on with it!
If you want better answers ask better questions. Unfortunately that does not always work.
One thing I know for sure is if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.