I can't see the recent files office 2016

Anonymous
2015-10-18T13:21:02+00:00

Since I upgrading to Office 2016, I can not see the recent files of Office applications. I uninstalled the application I installed several times and not working. I have Windows 10 pro installed.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-11-10T18:36:13+00:00

Hi folks - thanks for those who worked with our CSS folks to help us find the issue (we think that it's a date handling bug - you can confirm by temporarily setting your regional settings to the US style of ‘MM/DD/yy.’)

We're working on a fix for this - as per usual I can't give you an exact date but it should go out in one of the next couple of monthly updates. 

Sorry for the inconvenience here - we are a global company and we have a large number of international tests as well as extensive internal & global dogfood so no idea how we missed this one :-(  

...pc

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-10T04:17:58+00:00

    La solucion es poner Short Time H:mm

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-02T19:46:21+00:00

    FYI I just installed Office 2016 and this is still broken.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-08T22:08:51+00:00

    Hi folks - thanks for those who worked with our CSS folks to help us find the issue (we think that it's a date handling bug - you can confirm by temporarily setting your regional settings to the US style of ‘MM/DD/yy.’)

    We're working on a fix for this - as per usual I can't give you an exact date but it should go out in one of the next couple of monthly updates. 

    Sorry for the inconvenience here - we are a global company and we have a large number of international tests as well as extensive internal & global dogfood so no idea how we missed this one :-(  

    ...pc

    Hello! So, when you think to finally fix this nasty bug - changing time and location settings is not working for me, nor fixing the Office (as I saw somewhere to be re-installed...). It's June 2016 and I'm going now to downgrade to Office 2010, because of this...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-10T12:55:29+00:00

    I can confirm this; my date format is dd-MMM-yy. Office apps (Word, Excel - Office 2016 Prof.) did not display the files from this week in their recent file list. (However, the files show up correctly in the Windows Recent Items list (Windows 7 Enterprise).

    I switched the date format as suggested and the recent files from this week showed up. To be sure, I switched back to dd-MMM-yy and the files were again gone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments