I can't see the recent files office 2016

Anonymous
2015-10-18T13:21:02+00:00

Since I upgrading to Office 2016, I can not see the recent files of Office applications. I uninstalled the application I installed several times and not working. I have Windows 10 pro installed.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-11-10T18:36:13+00:00

Hi folks - thanks for those who worked with our CSS folks to help us find the issue (we think that it's a date handling bug - you can confirm by temporarily setting your regional settings to the US style of ‘MM/DD/yy.’)

We're working on a fix for this - as per usual I can't give you an exact date but it should go out in one of the next couple of monthly updates. 

Sorry for the inconvenience here - we are a global company and we have a large number of international tests as well as extensive internal & global dogfood so no idea how we missed this one :-(  

...pc

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-13T03:20:04+00:00

    Thanks Patrick, the solution is change the Regional settings to MM/DD/yy. I was using DD/MM/yy, maybe because my Windows is in Spanish with regional settings to Panamá. Now, I can see my recent files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-02T00:37:36+00:00

    Changing to MM/DD/yyyy fixes the issue but I really need it to work with DD/MM/yyyy which is the most common format outside of the U.S.

    Update: This issue has been fixed with a recent update. DD/MM/yyyy now works OK for recent file display.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-01-18T18:08:46+00:00

    Hello:

    I have the same problem with Windows 7, any ideas?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-03T14:09:39+00:00

    For Outlook 2016 help this register

    File menu by setting the MaxAttachmentMenuItems value.

    Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\Mail

    Value name: MaxAttachmentMenuItems

    Value type: REG_DWORD

    Value: 0

    Set the value to the amount of Recent Items you want to be shown. By setting the value to 0, you’ll disable the Recent Items list in the Attach File menu completely.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments