I can't see the recent files office 2016

Anonymous
2015-10-18T13:21:02+00:00

Since I upgrading to Office 2016, I can not see the recent files of Office applications. I uninstalled the application I installed several times and not working. I have Windows 10 pro installed.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-11-10T18:36:13+00:00

Hi folks - thanks for those who worked with our CSS folks to help us find the issue (we think that it's a date handling bug - you can confirm by temporarily setting your regional settings to the US style of ‘MM/DD/yy.’)

We're working on a fix for this - as per usual I can't give you an exact date but it should go out in one of the next couple of monthly updates. 

Sorry for the inconvenience here - we are a global company and we have a large number of international tests as well as extensive internal & global dogfood so no idea how we missed this one :-(  

...pc

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-31T06:30:28+00:00

    Thanks a lot, I am waiting for your call.

    Our company switched to office 365 10 days ago. 

    The first 3 colleagues I asked have the same problem...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-10T19:06:01+00:00

    Hi Patrick, thank you for your help. I confirm the issue solves by changing the regional settings as you indicate. Hope the bugfix comes out soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-11T12:31:45+00:00

    Hi Patrick,

    Changing the short and long date formats both to US style 'MM/DD/yy' didn't work for me.

    I even restarted the PC - same result. Recent list is still empty.

    This is in the office where we have Windows 7

    At home, where I upgraded to Windows 10, even with Bulgarian date format, everything is OK - Recent list is full of files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-11T23:03:10+00:00

    Thanks for the info Slavi - looks like you may be hitting a different issue (although today is one of those days where the format is less important (11/11))

    Let me see if we can get some more diagnostic info from you to get to the bottom of this.

    Thanks...pc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments