I can't see the recent files office 2016

Anonymous
2015-10-18T13:21:02+00:00

Since I upgrading to Office 2016, I can not see the recent files of Office applications. I uninstalled the application I installed several times and not working. I have Windows 10 pro installed.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-11-10T18:36:13+00:00

Hi folks - thanks for those who worked with our CSS folks to help us find the issue (we think that it's a date handling bug - you can confirm by temporarily setting your regional settings to the US style of ‘MM/DD/yy.’)

We're working on a fix for this - as per usual I can't give you an exact date but it should go out in one of the next couple of monthly updates. 

Sorry for the inconvenience here - we are a global company and we have a large number of international tests as well as extensive internal & global dogfood so no idea how we missed this one :-(  

...pc

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-01T17:05:04+00:00

    I had Office 2016 installed yesterday and was frustrated looking for my Recent documents.  I found them by clicking on File, Open;  Recent is at the top of the screen above OneDrive, Sites, This PC...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-27T21:11:21+00:00

    It's been more than a year of your answer and we keep havinf this problem. You think it would be fixed? How can we know it's fixed if we have changed our regional settings?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-02-01T02:43:08+00:00

    Here's the solution:

    1. Go to File->Options
    2. Click on Advanced
    3. Scroll down to the Display section
    4. Just change the numbers of the indicated Recent Workbooks and save.

    This will reset the issue and you should be able to see the Recent documentswhen you click on the File Menu.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-02-01T03:20:08+00:00

    Nope, it doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments