I can't see the recent files office 2016

Anonymous
2015-10-18T13:21:02+00:00

Since I upgrading to Office 2016, I can not see the recent files of Office applications. I uninstalled the application I installed several times and not working. I have Windows 10 pro installed.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-11-10T18:36:13+00:00

Hi folks - thanks for those who worked with our CSS folks to help us find the issue (we think that it's a date handling bug - you can confirm by temporarily setting your regional settings to the US style of ‘MM/DD/yy.’)

We're working on a fix for this - as per usual I can't give you an exact date but it should go out in one of the next couple of monthly updates. 

Sorry for the inconvenience here - we are a global company and we have a large number of international tests as well as extensive internal & global dogfood so no idea how we missed this one :-(  

...pc

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-18T14:50:07+00:00

    I refer to the new files I've worked. The list of recent files of Word, Excel appears in blank. For example, if I create a new file in excel and it saved; when I go to open the program again does not appear that file in recent files. 

    I called to Microsoft and they say that I have to wait for an Windows update to repair that issue. I have more than 15 days waiting, and I follow with the same problem. 

    Any idea?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-18T14:00:40+00:00

    The recent files listing is reset in the upgrade process, if its recent files you meant

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments