I can't see the recent files office 2016

Anonymous
2015-10-18T13:21:02+00:00

Since I upgrading to Office 2016, I can not see the recent files of Office applications. I uninstalled the application I installed several times and not working. I have Windows 10 pro installed.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-11-10T18:36:13+00:00

Hi folks - thanks for those who worked with our CSS folks to help us find the issue (we think that it's a date handling bug - you can confirm by temporarily setting your regional settings to the US style of ‘MM/DD/yy.’)

We're working on a fix for this - as per usual I can't give you an exact date but it should go out in one of the next couple of monthly updates. 

Sorry for the inconvenience here - we are a global company and we have a large number of international tests as well as extensive internal & global dogfood so no idea how we missed this one :-(  

...pc

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-19T11:19:30+00:00

    I already did all that. it does not work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-18T15:44:11+00:00

    Recent is empty, yes?

    Open an existing doc, edit and save it.

    Then create a new doc, and save it.

    Now restart word, do these docs show under recent?

    Check also that recent hasn't been disabled.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-18T15:19:24+00:00

    Yes, I can't see nothing in recent like you pic. I have enable the option: show this number of recent documents: 20.

    After upgrade to office 2016 I have this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-18T14:58:22+00:00

    Whoever you spoke to spouted nonsense.

    You start Word itself and that doesn't display this?

    NB The recent Doc list can also be disabled http://www.howtogeek.com/141490/how-to-clear-the-recent-documents-list-in-word-2013/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments