I can't see the recent files office 2016

Anonymous
2015-10-18T13:21:02+00:00

Since I upgrading to Office 2016, I can not see the recent files of Office applications. I uninstalled the application I installed several times and not working. I have Windows 10 pro installed.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-11-10T18:36:13+00:00

Hi folks - thanks for those who worked with our CSS folks to help us find the issue (we think that it's a date handling bug - you can confirm by temporarily setting your regional settings to the US style of ‘MM/DD/yy.’)

We're working on a fix for this - as per usual I can't give you an exact date but it should go out in one of the next couple of monthly updates. 

Sorry for the inconvenience here - we are a global company and we have a large number of international tests as well as extensive internal & global dogfood so no idea how we missed this one :-(  

...pc

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-07-28T17:12:51+00:00

    I hate you MS guys who change things just to make something different...not better - i'm all about continuous improvement but you guys go backwards sometimes on the user experience trying to use your "improved" crap - sorry so frustrated I have to spend an hour when I get migrated to a new version of office and I don't see a benefit - I just see someone implemented changes and put their finger print on some silly change 

    For the future it would be wonderful if you could do your upgrades but leave poor slouches like me alone to use the

    new version with the old interface - i don't need all your new enhancements -99% of the time they don't seem very well thought out

    Great  ...  what a hassle to not be able to reference most recent docs which I have done FOREVER- until now- USED THIS ALL THE TIME - SO VERY NICE!!!

    Please don't change things just to make them different - be interested to see what thought was put into some of these silly changes

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-07T22:44:51+00:00

    Hi folks - thanks for those who worked with our CSS folks to help us find the issue (we think that it's a date handling bug - you can confirm by temporarily setting your regional settings to the US style of ‘MM/DD/yy.’)

    We're working on a fix for this - as per usual I can't give you an exact date but it should go out in one of the next couple of monthly updates. 

    Sorry for the inconvenience here - we are a global company and we have a large number of international tests as well as extensive internal & global dogfood so no idea how we missed this one :-(  

    ...pc

    Im having the same problem with all Office 2016 proprammes and its April 2017. I downloaded a couple months ago and I have the latest updates. So what is the fix? The date format does not make a difference.

    cheers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-02-01T03:20:08+00:00

    Nope, it doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-02-01T02:43:08+00:00

    Here's the solution:

    1. Go to File->Options
    2. Click on Advanced
    3. Scroll down to the Display section
    4. Just change the numbers of the indicated Recent Workbooks and save.

    This will reset the issue and you should be able to see the Recent documentswhen you click on the File Menu.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments