I can't see the recent files office 2016

Anonymous
2015-10-18T13:21:02+00:00

Since I upgrading to Office 2016, I can not see the recent files of Office applications. I uninstalled the application I installed several times and not working. I have Windows 10 pro installed.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-11-10T18:36:13+00:00

Hi folks - thanks for those who worked with our CSS folks to help us find the issue (we think that it's a date handling bug - you can confirm by temporarily setting your regional settings to the US style of ‘MM/DD/yy.’)

We're working on a fix for this - as per usual I can't give you an exact date but it should go out in one of the next couple of monthly updates. 

Sorry for the inconvenience here - we are a global company and we have a large number of international tests as well as extensive internal & global dogfood so no idea how we missed this one :-(  

...pc

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-10T19:06:01+00:00

    Hi Patrick, thank you for your help. I confirm the issue solves by changing the regional settings as you indicate. Hope the bugfix comes out soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-31T06:30:28+00:00

    Thanks a lot, I am waiting for your call.

    Our company switched to office 365 10 days ago. 

    The first 3 colleagues I asked have the same problem...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-30T16:39:00+00:00

    Folks, it does look like you're hitting a bug we haven't seen in our internal testing. I'm asking our trusty Customer Support team to reach out to you so we can gather more info - we'll probably need a network trace to see what is going on with your calls to/from the MRU++ service (which is how we roam your MRU)

    ...pc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T09:36:02+00:00

    Just to mention - Last night I updated the office version (File->Account->Office Updates).

    Now the version is 16.0.6001.1034

    And unfortunately - Recent files are still not visible.

    Waiting for ideas...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments