I can't see the recent files office 2016

Anonymous
2015-10-18T13:21:02+00:00

Since I upgrading to Office 2016, I can not see the recent files of Office applications. I uninstalled the application I installed several times and not working. I have Windows 10 pro installed.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-11-10T18:36:13+00:00

Hi folks - thanks for those who worked with our CSS folks to help us find the issue (we think that it's a date handling bug - you can confirm by temporarily setting your regional settings to the US style of ‘MM/DD/yy.’)

We're working on a fix for this - as per usual I can't give you an exact date but it should go out in one of the next couple of monthly updates. 

Sorry for the inconvenience here - we are a global company and we have a large number of international tests as well as extensive internal & global dogfood so no idea how we missed this one :-(  

...pc

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-28T17:38:04+00:00

    I have exactly the same problem. 

    Microsoft Excel 2016 (16.0.4229.1029) 32 bits

    Windows 7 Proffesional

    And Recent documents is not visible in all Office applications Word, Excel Power Point...

    Any help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-20T21:49:05+00:00

    I have the exact same problem. I have an Office 365 Business license with Office 2016 and the problem occurs in Word, Excel and PowerPoint (those are the ones I use). What's interesting is that I also have a Visio 2013 license and it works fine. I have also tried changing the number of recents parameters, deleting the files from /AutomaticDestinations and reinstalling Office. Nothing works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-19T20:19:14+00:00

    Microsoft Excel 2016 (16.0.4229.1029) 32 bits.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-19T20:13:35+00:00

    ******@outook.com

    I have Office 365 installed in my macbook Pro and I don't have problems with the recent files. The problem is with Microsoft Office 2016 installed in my new PC with Windows 10 Pro.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments