Custom install gone?

Anonymous
2015-09-26T16:19:17+00:00

Hello,

I noticed that when I installed Office 2016 Pro it immediately installed the full package with all the apps including the ones that I don't need (OneNote, Publisher, etc.).

Isn't there a way to select during the installation which apps you want to install and which apps you don't? I remember Office 2013 did give you that option.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-28T09:59:21+00:00

    MS has not released, as yet, an msi installation for 365/2016 Pro Plus

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-28T10:15:55+00:00

    The "as yet" contains the built-in implication that they intend to do something about it, however earlier comments in this thread (see the post by Rohn007, there doesn't seem to be a way to link to individual posts) don't hold out much hope if it's been an ongoing problem since 2010.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-28T16:06:38+00:00

    Some folks I contacted (an Office MCT) say according to their contacts @MS ,a custom install will be available in the future.

    I'm going to a MS event Nov 3 here in SF(Windows 10 & Office ) and will try and see exactly what they are planning.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-28T16:55:12+00:00

    an msi was released for prior versions of Pro Plus

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-10-30T07:02:54+00:00

    Please don't clutter up a useful thread with nonsense. This is about Office 2016, not previous versions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments