Custom install gone?

Anonymous
2015-09-26T16:19:17+00:00

Hello,

I noticed that when I installed Office 2016 Pro it immediately installed the full package with all the apps including the ones that I don't need (OneNote, Publisher, etc.).

Isn't there a way to select during the installation which apps you want to install and which apps you don't? I remember Office 2013 did give you that option.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-07T15:12:55+00:00

    Lost in this discussion is the question of "WHY?"

    What is gained by going to this new installer type wherein no one can customize ANYTHING?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-04T03:44:04+00:00

    Everytime I think MS does something awesome they ruin with their idiotic decisions. Windows 10, awesome, shoving it down everyone's throats, tricking people into upgrading and major loss of privacy not cool.

    Office 2016, somewhat cool, none of the bugs were fixed in the version, but hey let's force components that people don't use down their throat in hopes of people liking them again. 

    Now I'm thinking I'm going to go back to Mac and help their growth because MS still doesn't get it. Almost there, but they keep shooting themselves in the foot. Starting to feel like congress... almost had it and then the big screwup always follows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-30T07:02:54+00:00

    Please don't clutter up a useful thread with nonsense. This is about Office 2016, not previous versions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-28T16:55:12+00:00

    an msi was released for prior versions of Pro Plus

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-10-28T16:06:38+00:00

    Some folks I contacted (an Office MCT) say according to their contacts @MS ,a custom install will be available in the future.

    I'm going to a MS event Nov 3 here in SF(Windows 10 & Office ) and will try and see exactly what they are planning.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments