Custom install gone?

Anonymous
2015-09-26T16:19:17+00:00

Hello,

I noticed that when I installed Office 2016 Pro it immediately installed the full package with all the apps including the ones that I don't need (OneNote, Publisher, etc.).

Isn't there a way to select during the installation which apps you want to install and which apps you don't? I remember Office 2013 did give you that option.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-03-19T16:40:36+00:00

    Thanks Brad[M], you made my day !

    As mentionned by finejustice, you can find the list of ID attributes (by the way, it's Groove instead of Grove ;-) and much more at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/en-us/jj219426.aspx

    I needed only Excel, Word and Powerpoint, and my configuration.xml, listed below, is OK but for OneDrive (setup.exe still installs it, so I had to remove it afterwards) :

    <Configuration>

      <Add SourcePath="C:\Office Professional Plus 2016" OfficeClientEdition="64" >

      <Product ID="ProPlusRetail">

      <Language ID="en-us" />

      <ExcludeApp ID="Access" />

      <ExcludeApp ID="Publisher" />

      <ExcludeApp ID="Groove" />

      <ExcludeApp ID="Lync" />

      <ExcludeApp ID="OneDrive" />

      <ExcludeApp ID="Outlook" />

      <ExcludeApp ID="OneNote" />

      <ExcludeApp ID="Visio" />

      </Product>

      </Add>

      <Logging Name="OfficeSetup.txt" Path="%temp%" />

    </Configuration>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-19T04:44:36+00:00

    I really appreciate your answer!

    btw, I found the reference of configuration.xml.

    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219426.aspx

    accoring to this, Skype for Business = Lync.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments