Custom install gone?

Anonymous
2015-09-26T16:19:17+00:00

Hello,

I noticed that when I installed Office 2016 Pro it immediately installed the full package with all the apps including the ones that I don't need (OneNote, Publisher, etc.).

Isn't there a way to select during the installation which apps you want to install and which apps you don't? I remember Office 2013 did give you that option.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T17:15:02+00:00

    All right folks ,here's the lowdown from one of my contacts @M$ (an office MCT).

    It appears as if because of product launch constraints,the functionality for a custom install was left out.

    My feedback was, it will be forthcoming in one of the updates.  

    So M$ is aware of the issue.

    So should we expect an option for custom install in the near future, as in maybe a decade?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T04:39:05+00:00

    They are what they are.

    When you dance with the devil,one should take into account that it is after all,the devil.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T03:48:17+00:00

    One might naively assume the main "product launch contraint" would be that it works and is complete.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T03:44:18+00:00

    Thanks for the update.

    I'm from Missouri (honorary), I'll believe it only when I see it. 

    MS has been aware of this "problem" since the CTR versions of Office 2010! aka "Office 2010 Starter". They haven't done anything about it yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-09-29T18:30:37+00:00

    All right folks ,here's the lowdown from one of my contacts @M$ (an office MCT).

    It appears as if because of product launch constraints,the functionality for a custom install was left out.

    My feedback was, it will be forthcoming in one of the updates.  

    So M$ is aware of the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments