Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
The example the PGM554 captured and showed is explicitly for Office 2016 Professional Plus. In 2013 it was the only remaining MSI installer I was aware of. It appears to be that way again in 2016. I have not been able to find that installer in the place I got it from formerly, technet evaluation center.
The info PGM554 provided was explicitly for Office 2013, *NOT* 2016. There is no MSI installer for 2016 and according to MS they will not be providing one as 2016 only comes as C2R (as is evidenced by the MSDN ISO). Maybe they release a MSI with the VL release on the 1st but they've explicitly said that won't be the case (mind you, they regularly contradict themselves).
The instructions I gave should work with any number of types of installs - though I've got no intention of testing it, the c2rfireflydata.xml contains a list of possible product ID values and I know the method I showed above will will with a number of them (the various Pro and Pro plus versions and I've heard it will also work with the Home installs but I can't confirm.). The instructions at askvg won't work for an extracted ISO of 2016 (well, they didn't for me).