How to restore MS Office Outlook 2007 folders back in Outlook

Anonymous
2013-11-22T17:53:38+00:00

Sir or Madam,

I had a technical problem with my Lap Top computer and backed up all my MS Office Outlook 2007 files and folders. I resolved the problem.

I opened my Seagate Expansion drive, discovered the folders and right clicked each sending them to my documents folder.

I am using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

I need your assistance in restoring those folders back in Outlook.

I am also using a desk top PC as well.

MS Office Outlook 2007 is working well.

I am using MS Vista.

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

I am sorry if I contacted the wrong community. If so please send this to the correct one.

Regards,

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-05T20:56:20+00:00

    Please have some other Outlook 2007/Windows 7 specialist contact me regarding this matter.

    I have not heard from Palcouk. Perhaps he has been ill, or a personal situation may have developed.

    Regards,

    Earleb

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-23T01:58:35+00:00

    Hi Palcouk,

    Thanks for your reply to my question.

    Mt Documents Library contains the following folders;

    Adobe, Adobe Copy, ATI, Elements, ESET, Fax, Google, Malwarebytes, Microsoft, microsoft, My Contacts (Categ), Mt Stationery, MyWinLockerData, OneNotebooks, Program Files (x86), ProgramData (is greyed out), Scanned Documents, Symantec.

    It also contains abour 20 Word Folders, 9 xl folders and 1 Seagate folder.

    I don't know what an eml file is.

    Hope this will assist you.

    Regards,

    November 30, 2013

    Hi again Palcouk,

    I haven't had any reply since November 22nd. Please advise.

    Regards,

    Earleb

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-22T18:56:57+00:00

    Presumably the type of account configured in Outlook was pop mail?

    That being the case you should have copied the pst files (with Outlook closed) to another location.

    And presumably you have no other data backups.

    So how exactly did you backup the OL data/folders?

    If Outlook is currently functioning, and what you had done previously had simply copied the folders to the external what type of file is shown in your documents location, an eml file or?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments