How to restore MS Office Outlook 2007 folders back in Outlook

Anonymous
2013-11-22T17:53:38+00:00

Sir or Madam,

I had a technical problem with my Lap Top computer and backed up all my MS Office Outlook 2007 files and folders. I resolved the problem.

I opened my Seagate Expansion drive, discovered the folders and right clicked each sending them to my documents folder.

I am using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

I need your assistance in restoring those folders back in Outlook.

I am also using a desk top PC as well.

MS Office Outlook 2007 is working well.

I am using MS Vista.

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

I am sorry if I contacted the wrong community. If so please send this to the correct one.

Regards,

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-08T23:04:46+00:00

    You cannot email things to the forum, you have to post them just as you have been doing with the words you've been typing here.

    [The email notification you get is one-way only.  Replies just disappear.  It says that somewhere in the email but I think it is not very clear.]

    To post your screenshot here - Position your cursor where you want it to appear within your typed words.  Look at the top of the box you are typing in.  There's a button for Bold, Italic,...  then on the right hand end there's a little icon supposed to represent a picture.  Click on it then click on Browse then select your file & click on Open then click on Upload.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-08T22:35:04+00:00

    Hi Try*3

    I've attached a copy of a screen shot re my .pst files. Whoops that didn't work. I'll e-mail it to you.

    Please advise my next step. Thank you.

    Earleb

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-07T23:51:08+00:00

    Reads well with me. I will check it out. Thanks for your excellent support Try*3

    Earle

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-07T19:56:39+00:00

    That is the file Outlook is using by default.  The file date-time properties should confirm this.  If Outlook is currently closed then the file date-time will be when you last closed Outlook.  If Outlook is currently open then it will show a date-time for when Outlook last changed anything - for example, it is 19:56 and my pst file was last modified at 19:51 by Outlook as it is currently running.

    If you can see that Outlook is indeed using that file & if looking around the various Outlook views shows you that it has everything you expect then there is no problem.

    If you can see that Outlook is indeed using that file but it does not contain the things it had before you repaired your PC then you will need to search for another pst file in your backups & in the various folders that you reported having copied/moved around.  If there is no earlier pst file in your backups or those copied/moved folders then you have lost that earlier information completely.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-12-07T19:34:28+00:00

    Try*3,

    I discovered my PST in the Persoal Folder

    Name:       c:\users\Earle\AppData\local\microsoft\outlook

    It is shown in;

    My Acer Laptop Computer (c:)

    Outlook 07/12/2013 microsoft office        482,625 kb

    Please advise my next steps.

    Thank you.

    Earleb

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments