How to restore MS Office Outlook 2007 folders back in Outlook

Anonymous
2013-11-22T17:53:38+00:00

Sir or Madam,

I had a technical problem with my Lap Top computer and backed up all my MS Office Outlook 2007 files and folders. I resolved the problem.

I opened my Seagate Expansion drive, discovered the folders and right clicked each sending them to my documents folder.

I am using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

I need your assistance in restoring those folders back in Outlook.

I am also using a desk top PC as well.

MS Office Outlook 2007 is working well.

I am using MS Vista.

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

I am sorry if I contacted the wrong community. If so please send this to the correct one.

Regards,

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-26T19:31:13+00:00

    Earle,

    Repeat the search you did before [the one you posted a screenshot of].  I only thought that archive.pst would be in that folder because your screenshot showed it to be there.  If it is no longer there then complete the task without it and worry about it separately afterwards.

    Archive.pst is used by Outlook to archive certain items [for example, calendar entries] if your Outlook settings are used to tell it to.  It's a different subject and going any further into it now would just be a diversion.

    I am not getting online much this year, hence the delayed response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-26T18:38:16+00:00

     Attention Try*3

    It sounds like you do not have file extensions showing.  In Windows explorer, go to Organise, Folder & search options, View tab - clear the checkbox next to Hide extensions for know file types.  This is a safe way of operating normally [i.e. not just for this task].

    Did this.

     

    1.5  You should now be able to see the outlook.pst & archive.pst files [and remember that I'm only referring to them because the screenshot of your search results showed that they were there].

    I see the outlook.pst but not not thrarchive.pst files. Help!

     

    1.7  The folder is empty because you were unable to complete para 1.5

     

    Please advise.

     

    Earle

    Hi Try*3

    Help!!!

    Earleb

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-21T21:08:48+00:00

    Attention Try*3

    It sounds like you do not have file extensions showing.  In Windows explorer, go to Organise, Folder & search options, View tab - clear the checkbox next to Hide extensions for know file types.  This is a safe way of operating normally [i.e. not just for this task].

    Did this.

    1.5  You should now be able to see the outlook.pst & archive.pst files [and remember that I'm only referring to them because the screenshot of your search results showed that they were there].

    I see the outlook.pst but not not thrarchive.pst files. Help!

    1.7  The folder is empty because you were unable to complete para 1.5

    Please advise.

    Earle

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-13T13:50:59+00:00

    Earle,

    It sounds like you do not have file extensions showing.  In Windows explorer, go to Organise, Folder & search options, View tab - clear the checkbox next to Hide extensions for know file types.  This is a safe way of operating normally [i.e. not just for this task].

    1.5  You should now be able to see the outlook.pst & archive.pst files [and remember that I'm only referring to them because the screenshot of your search results showed that they were there].

    1.7  The folder is empty because you were unable to complete para 1.5

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-01-10T21:06:48+00:00

    Try*3

    1 Relocate the Outlook.pst file

    1.1 Close Outlook

    1.2 Minimise all your open windows so you have a blank desktop to work with.

    1.3 Open Windows explorer. Open Windows explorer again so you have two windows open. Right-click on the TaskBar and select Show windows side by side.

    1.4 In one window, go to C:\Users\Earle\My Documents [by the way, you will sometimes see this appearing as C:\Users\Earle\My Documents and sometimes as C:\Users\Earle\Documents but they are both the same thing - one is just an alias of the other]. Double-click on C:\Users\Earle\My Documents to open it up then right-click, selectNew then Folder. Call the new folder PIM and double click on it to open it. You can confirm where you are by looking at the address bar at the top of Windows explorer & you will see that you are now in C:\Users\Earle\My Documents\PIM.

    I agree.

    1.5 In the other window, go to C:\Users\Earle\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook and you will see Outlook.pst, Archive.pst and several other files [including other pst files but youhave to ignore them for now].

         I don't see Outlook.pst or Archive.PST

         I see Outlook 683,065 kb

    1.6 Select Outlook.pst and Archive.pstonly then drag them across to C:\Users\Earle\My Documents\PIM and let go of the mouse.

    1.7 Just as a precaution, in C:\Users\Earle\My Documents\PIM, select both Outlook.pst and Archive.pst then right-click, selectSend to then Compressed [zipped] folder. Doing this will ensure that you can start again if anything goes horribly wrong later. The reason for making zipped files rather than straightforward copies is that you already have 55 copies of pst files dotted around your drive and you don’t want any more of them confusing the procedure.

         I don't see Outlook.pst or Archive.pst

         The folder is empty.

    Please advise.

    Earleb

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments