How to restore MS Office Outlook 2007 folders back in Outlook

Anonymous
2013-11-22T17:53:38+00:00

Sir or Madam,

I had a technical problem with my Lap Top computer and backed up all my MS Office Outlook 2007 files and folders. I resolved the problem.

I opened my Seagate Expansion drive, discovered the folders and right clicked each sending them to my documents folder.

I am using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

I need your assistance in restoring those folders back in Outlook.

I am also using a desk top PC as well.

MS Office Outlook 2007 is working well.

I am using MS Vista.

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

I am sorry if I contacted the wrong community. If so please send this to the correct one.

Regards,

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-03T18:32:19+00:00

    Stop emails - Problem solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-12T00:04:22+00:00

    Earle,

    It sounds like you do not have file extensions showing.  In Windows explorer, go to Organise, Folder & search options, View tab - clear the checkbox next to Hide extensions for know file types.  This is a safe way of operating normally [i.e. not just for this task].

    1.5  You should now be able to see the outlook.pst & archive.pst files [and remember that I'm only referring to them because the screenshot of your search results showed that they were there].

    1.7  The folder is empty because you were unable to complete para 1.5

    Try*3

    I had all the files restored to their original home by a local computer firm.

    It's been more than two months going back and forth and simply too stressful on me.The $70.00 was a small price to gain back my sanity.

    Thank you so much for your time and patience.

    Regards,

    Earle

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-30T18:20:39+00:00

    Earle,

    Exactly what are you doing that brings up that cautionary notice? Please give me it step-by-step as nothing in para 1.8 should lead to that happening.

    Are you [as expected, para 1.8] opening the Outlook application then using it to open the outlook.pst data file or are you trying to open the outlook.pst directly from Windows explorer?

    Additional - It seems to me that you are trying to double-click on the file outlook.pst.  You should never do this.  Open the application using the same shortcut you have always used - it could be in your Start menu and / or your TaskBar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments