Why cant I download Office 365 to my Samsung Tablet

Anonymous
2013-10-28T12:44:37+00:00

I have been unable to download 0ffice 365 to my Samsung is there a reason it will not download?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-28T16:24:48+00:00

    The only catch is the fact that when you get a 365 subscription, it will present you with all the various devices you want to install to.  Android Tablet is in that list.  Yet if you attempt to install the programs, Google Play will say it is not compatible with your device.  Also, on many Samsung Tablets, there will be a lower end version of Office installed, but unless you have a 10" tablet or higher, you can't upgrade the versions.  I have a Tab S2 9.7" for Pete's sake, and it will not allow me to upgrade my tablet.  

    Go MS War Machine

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-28T19:28:25+00:00

    Your beliefs are incorrect you can install via Google apps/play, its OK on my Samsung Tab

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-29T03:30:05+00:00

    If you had any experience attempting to download the tablet apps on Google Play, then you would know how incorrect that statement is.  I'm betting you have it on your Samsung Tab thanks to the Samsung App Store, which has those apps in it, and those apps being installed directly from there.

    Fact is, unless the tablet has an Intel or ARM processor (Samsung normally has Exynos or Qualcom) you will not be able to install Android Office 365 Tablet edition on your tablet.  The versions Samsung has are stripped down versions, and there comes a time when even the Samsung App Store won't update their own versions of the Apps.

    Don't get me wrong.  If you were to try an Asus tablet, ensuring it is one of the models that have an Intel processor, Office 365 Tablet would install just fine from Google Play.  It is comparable to setting up VMWare to run Apple on top of Windows.  If the processor is AMD, you would be out of luck, but if the system had an Intel processor, then it would run like a charm.

    It all depends on the setup of the system itself. 

    Hope that clarifies things.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-08-13T10:40:55+00:00

    This is what I have learned about the Office 365 v. Samsung Tablet installation issue.

    On 03/21/2016 I spoke with Jasmin B., a Microsoft Answer Tech, by online chat asking why I couldn't get Office 365 to install on my Samsung Tab 3 (SM-T201R).  Our exchange lasted for a little over an hour, during which Jasmin B. had me on hold much of the time so she could "...review this further."  

    Her first response was a rather vague, "Office 365 is not compatible with Samsung Tablets" [which I took to imply ALL Samsung tablets].  I asked several times "Can you be more specific?" to which she repeatedly answered with, "Office 365 is not compatible with Samsung Tablets.  Is there anything else I can help you with for today?"  

    After asking for the 5th or 6th time "Can you be more specific? Is it an issue the device's memory, processor, display, etc.???"  She begrudgingly shared, "Yes it is within your processor.  Is there anything else I can assist you with for today?"  Her response was fairly generic but at least it provided a little bit more information.

    At this point I was going to go to Samsung support for answers but I wanted to have a technical, specific 'description' of WHY the Samsung Tablet was 'incompatible with Office 365'.  I asked Jasmin B., "Okay.  So do I just tell Samsung 'I cant use MS office because your Tablet's processor sucks', or is there a more technical way of explaining the deficiency?"  Jasmin B. replied, "The hardware or processor of your Samsung tablet is not compatible to install office 365.  Kindly contact Samsung for further assistance."   

    At this point I became frustrated and tired of her deliberately vague responses to my specific questions so I closed the chat window.

    So, as far as I have been able to determine from various forums, chat rooms, discussion groups and finally from Microsoft's Jasmin B., the Samsung Tablets, or at least my Tab 3 (Model #SM-T210R), were made with processors that are not compatible with Office 365 and Microsoft has no patch or fix for this issue and no immediate plans to correct the problem.   If anyone comes up with anything on this problem I'd love to hear about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-08-14T02:14:50+00:00

    The Office website states clearly, now that I look for it, that an Android Tablet must have either an Intel or an ARM-based processor, and Android OS KitKat 4.4 or later.  Unfortunately, my ARM-based Tab 2 10.1 only has Android 4.1.2.  Check with Samsung to see if your Tab is eligible for an update to the newer OS.  As I have two of these Tablets, I do wish Microsoft would port the software to the earlier OS.  Unfortunately, what I want is not terribly important to the folks at Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments