Why cant I download Office 365 to my Samsung Tablet

Anonymous
2013-10-28T12:44:37+00:00

I have been unable to download 0ffice 365 to my Samsung is there a reason it will not download?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-14T04:40:27+00:00

    You haven't dealt with Android much have you?  This is not bad compared to some of the hoops that have to be jumped through on any device with Android M and from what I hear, the newest version, Android Nougat is supposed to be worse.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-16T17:22:40+00:00

    This is what I have learned about the Office 365 v. Samsung Tablet installation issue.

    On 03/21/2016 I spoke with Jasmin B., a Microsoft Answer Tech, by online chat asking why I couldn't get Office 365 to install on my Samsung Tab 3 (SM-T201R).  Our exchange lasted for a little over an hour, during which Jasmin B. had me on hold much of the time so she could "...review this further."  

    Her first response was a rather vague, "Office 365 is not compatible with Samsung Tablets" [which I took to imply ALL Samsung tablets].  I asked several times "Can you be more specific?" to which she repeatedly answered with, "Office 365 is not compatible with Samsung Tablets.  Is there anything else I can help you with for today?"  

    After asking for the 5th or 6th time "Can you be more specific? Is it an issue the device's memory, processor, display, etc.???"  She begrudgingly shared, "Yes it is within your processor.  Is there anything else I can assist you with for today?"  Her response was fairly generic but at least it provided a little bit more information.

    At this point I was going to go to Samsung support for answers but I wanted to have a technical, specific 'description' of WHY the Samsung Tablet was 'incompatible with Office 365'.  I asked Jasmin B., "Okay.  So do I just tell Samsung 'I cant use MS office because your Tablet's processor sucks', or is there a more technical way of explaining the deficiency?"  Jasmin B. replied, "The hardware or processor of your Samsung tablet is not compatible to install office 365.  Kindly contact Samsung for further assistance."   

    At this point I became frustrated and tired of her deliberately vague responses to my specific questions so I closed the chat window.

    So, as far as I have been able to determine from various forums, chat rooms, discussion groups and finally from Microsoft's Jasmin B., the Samsung Tablets, or at least my Tab 3 (Model #SM-T210R), were made with processors that are not compatible with Office 365 and Microsoft has no patch or fix for this issue and no immediate plans to correct the problem.   If anyone comes up with anything on this problem I'd love to hear about it.

    I'm finding more and more lately that Samsung just doesn't seem to want to play nice with others.  I'm not sure which end the feuds started on, but there are lawsuits with Apple, the fact that their chargers are not compatible with other micro USB chargers, etc.  It's like Sony in the 80s.  Apple seems to be the only company who has gotten away with the incompatibility thing and I understand that a lot of their stuff was made by Samsung (I can't cite this statement, so it may be completely mistaken).  Samsung hardware is great quality in my opinion, but if they can't supply comparable products that are compatible with their phones, tabs, etc. then what good are they?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments