Why cant I download Office 365 to my Samsung Tablet

Anonymous
2013-10-28T12:44:37+00:00

I have been unable to download 0ffice 365 to my Samsung is there a reason it will not download?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-26T00:06:55+00:00

    The 365 box clearly says "Plus: Use on mobile devices". I regard the tablet as a mobile device, as I suspect everyone does, so it's a con when you find out that it's not compatible with a single tablet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-25T23:57:50+00:00

    Doug

    Thank you very much for trying to help me, unfortunately I tried everything you suggested and more but none of it worked, it just wont let me install it, "not compatible, As all the work I need to do on my new tablet requires MS programes to interface with our work PC's, my new $1400 tablet and new 365 is now a total waste of money, the real problem is that both parties claimed its android compatible, this is why Im pissed, its a real con job given it takes them years to develop these products and surely they must know that they are not compatible, especially Samsung as the question was asked by me to both parties, all they are doing is ducking for cover

    Samsung Note Pro 12.5", 365 small business

    Thanks for your help Doug

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-03-25T22:10:28+00:00

    Me too on the utility question.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-25T17:33:47+00:00

    In fact, Microsoft does specify Anroid phone on the 365 site and as I have a Galaxy Note 3G I suppose that qualifies as a phone. I am constantly redirected to mobile sites when using it. Yet the Android app provided only works for Lync and One Note, not Office,

    Of course I have a subscription. But am currently doubting its utility.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-25T17:18:20+00:00

    At:

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/compare-microsoft-office-products-FX102898564.aspx

    it says quite specific that:

    "Office Mobile can be installed on Android phones and iPhones."

    It does not say Android tablets!

    However, if you are prepared to over-ride the Android Security Setting that prevents installation of applications from unknown sources, you can download the Office_Mobile_365.apk file from the following page of my OneDrive:

    https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5aedcb43615e886b#cid=5AEDCB43615E886B&id=5AEDCB43615E886B%21111

    You must have an Office 365 subscription to be able to activate it.

    Having installed it on a Google Nexus 7 and an ASUS Transformer Prime, IMHO it is nothing to get excited about.

    I have installed this Version. What should I say? This is the most worse solution I have ever seen on Android devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments