Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
I'm getting the same error message. I have the Supplemental OX version 10.8.5.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just ran the update program for Word for 2011, version 14.3.8 and when it gets to the part to select which drive
to install it to, there is a yellow exclamation mark on my main iMac Hard Drive where Office 2011 for Mac IS installed.
I get an error message stating that "This software requires OS X 10.5.8 or later."
My iMac IS running OS X 10.8.5.
I also tried downloading the installer and running it that way, same error. Can't install latest update with security fixes.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm getting the same error message. I have the Supplemental OX version 10.8.5.
It looks like a problem with your base OS X install. The following fix was found on Apple Discussions. the same screenshot is in this post:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/23336410#23336410
Restart your Mac, then hold down command and R. It should boot to the recovery partition. From the list that shows up choose "reinstall osx".
Does not delete your files or applications. Takes approx 4 hrs.
Let us know if this works for you with the Microsoft updater,
IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!
I was very afraid but after reinstall my OS all is working normally. No problem with Office intall or update.
By the way, the process is not 4 hours. For me, it took 1 hour maximum.
Thank you all, so much!!
A firmware update could cause the info to be read incorrectly as well as when you change out drives.
Not everyone was experiencing this problem and I'm just trying to determine what the differences are on your computer that is causing this behavior.
No firmware or hard drive changes to my iMac. Just continue to run the OSX updates as they are available.
Me too.
Great! I'm glad to hear it was only an hour. Could be the connection to server to download the installer that took so long. Add in differences with hardware, times can vary.
Now you are all set to upgrade to OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) when it's released. Look for the announcement Oct 22.
Tip: Clone your drive before upgrading. If there are issues you can easily revert to Mountain Lion.
Check compatibility for your applications here. You don't want to upgrade and find out you need to spend hundreds of dollars upgrading Adobe CS suite or another high priced app you use.
App Compatibility Table
APPLICATION COMPATIBILITY & FEATURE SUPPORT FOR OS X & IOS
Mine is doing the exact same thing!