Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Done As i was having the same issue:
"office 2011 14.3.8 Update can't be installed on the disk the software requires MAC OS X 10.5.8 or later"
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just ran the update program for Word for 2011, version 14.3.8 and when it gets to the part to select which drive
to install it to, there is a yellow exclamation mark on my main iMac Hard Drive where Office 2011 for Mac IS installed.
I get an error message stating that "This software requires OS X 10.5.8 or later."
My iMac IS running OS X 10.8.5.
I also tried downloading the installer and running it that way, same error. Can't install latest update with security fixes.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Done As i was having the same issue:
"office 2011 14.3.8 Update can't be installed on the disk the software requires MAC OS X 10.5.8 or later"
I was able to install the Office update on one of my Macs BEFORE I did the OS update. I have been unable to install the Office update on my Mac that had the OS update previously installed. My installer recognizes my OS as 10.8.5.
Thanks.
If you are finding that the Installer Log is showing you the correct OS version, then please try to run another installer such as the Adobe Flash Player (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=JZEFT) or the Apple combo updater (http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1676/en\_US/OSXUpdCombo10.8.5.dmg).
If they work, then we can troubleshoot some more, but based on the Apple posting, they should fail as well.
The Apple posting (when last read) did not list why some machines are affected and others are not.
David
It says RUNNING OS BUILD: Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)
I am sorry folks are seeing an issue, and I'll endeavor to help where I can.
A little information to end some of the speculation. Microsoft Office uses the Apple Installer for our updates and installers. The Installer itself has a routine that will determine the OS of the machine you are on - this is not a Microsoft written routine.
If you would please...
Mine says Running OS Build: ac OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)
If yours says something other than what you are actually running, then that is indicating that your OS is not reporting back the correct version of the Operating System. If that is the case, there are suggestions from others in this post on how to repair your OS.
The link to the Apple website (https://discussions.apple.com/message/23336410#23336410 )concerns not be able to install anything (Flash Player, Apple Combo Updater, and Office) after installing 10.8.5 12F45 on some machines.
David Pelton
Microsoft, CAPES Test Lead