Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
I'm getting the same error message. I have the Supplemental OX version 10.8.5.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just ran the update program for Word for 2011, version 14.3.8 and when it gets to the part to select which drive
to install it to, there is a yellow exclamation mark on my main iMac Hard Drive where Office 2011 for Mac IS installed.
I get an error message stating that "This software requires OS X 10.5.8 or later."
My iMac IS running OS X 10.8.5.
I also tried downloading the installer and running it that way, same error. Can't install latest update with security fixes.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm getting the same error message. I have the Supplemental OX version 10.8.5.
The process takes 4 hours. You don't have to do anything. Start it and go for a walk or watch some TV.
I think I will wait until Apple or Microsoft work it out. Hopefully not malware will strike until this happens. I have already spent many hours trying to get this update to be installed. Another 4 hours I am not prepared to try.
It looks like a problem with your base OS X install. The following fix was found on Apple Discussions. the same screenshot is in this post:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/23336410#23336410
Restart your Mac, then hold down command and R. It should boot to the recovery partition. From the list that shows up choose "reinstall osx".
Does not delete your files or applications. Takes approx 4 hrs.
Let us know if this works for you with the Microsoft updater,
Yes, I did understand about the supplemental but the combo updater might fix the issue for you if you have done the incremental updater prior to the supplemental. I have OS X 10.8.5 (12F45) and had no problems updating Office.
I looked on Apple downloads and they have removed the combo prior to the supplemental being added. The link is exactly the same as 10.8.5 prior and after supplemental.
When the Microsoft updater checks the file for required software, if it's wrong it quits. Only Apple can fix this file. It's worth a shot to see if combo updater will fix the issue. It certainly doesn't hurt. It's only your time to download and run.
I've tried everything, even the combo installation, but I received this message: