So, yes, no problem with doing this; this is standard for all services. But, now that the Answer here isn't working because the folders mentioned do not exist, what are we to do now?
We are moving toward greater need for the system, and applications to have access to the internet for all kinds of reasons. I believe we are seeing the day when MS needs to place this under a group of it's own, with the user having more information and
controls.
We would need to know what system parts need access to which resources, especially if they're going to run in the background and gobble up resources without our knowledge; and then, we need to be able to have a flexible model to allow this to happen with
user control over how these clients are going to get the access they need; while allowing us to have unrestricted access to the resources of the machine when we need it.
Many of the applications I use are resource intensive; when a background system decides to use resources without my awareness, the long process of diagnosing, and then ultimately disabling anything that's interfering with my resources... This is unacceptable
even to me. I want to stay up to date, I want these background clients to get the resources they need; I just like many others who have need of the computer's full resources, scientists, mathematicians, graphic developers, gamers, etc. This is getting to
be a burden and a war over the resources. This is a prime example: 20% of the CPU's resources is a heck of lot of CPU time, what in the world could MS possibly need that much CPU for, and I don't have the resources to monitor if it's doing it all the time,
or when it needs to do it or for how long. Something needs to give.
I think MS would rather not have us disabling system components as a method of controlling resources. I know I'd rather not do that either. I'm human and prone to making mistakes and may not be able to always return the system to the condition needed to
do the job either of us needs to do.
Also, with others, less experienced, trying to do this, the possibility of disabling a part of the system which is critical to security is very high.
We need a new standard to govern this behavior for all of us, a method of monitoring with controls that allow us to all work together to share our system's resources in a cooperative and beneficial way.