Error 30174-4

Anonymous
2014-02-25T22:17:56+00:00

When I try to download Office Home & Business 2013, I'm getting this error. 

I can not find Office on my computer, however it's listed in my programs.  When I try to uninstall it I get the following error.

I need to get this installed and setup. 

Thank you!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-05T19:22:52+00:00

    Not sure if you have solved this problem or not, but we've been fighting it for the past few days.  I believe we have found a solution.

    We have a couple of NSA 2400s using failover.  To solve the problem, we logged into the firewall, expanded Security Services, clicked on Gateway Anti-Virus, clicked on Configure Gateway AV Settings, then checked "Enable HTTP Byte-Range requests with Gateway AV".

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-26T18:41:13+00:00

    Hi bggf,

    Can  you please elaborate on how exactly your bypassed the sonicwall firewall?

    I think this is our issue as well, but I do not know how to do that for our firewall.

    Thanks,

    Ivan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-26T19:13:33+00:00

    Hi Ivan,

    For testing purposes, I bypassed our Sonicwall firewall by assigning a public IP to a PC and connected it outside the firewall.  The install did work in that scenario.  Then I took the same PC and connected it on the protected side, and the install failed.

    What finally fixed it for us was making sure that "Enable HTTP Byte-Range requests with Gateway AV" had been checked in the Gateway AV Settings in the firewall.  Now installs complete normally even through the Sonicwall firewall.

    Have you tried checking the HTTP Byte-Range request setting on your Sonicwall firewall?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-27T17:35:48+00:00

    The Office installation process Click To Run was not made with corporation in focus. It will only work for private users.

    Get a Mobile Broadband modem and a contract and install Office using this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-07-22T14:53:49+00:00

    Not sure if you have solved this problem or not, but we've been fighting it for the past few days.  I believe we have found a solution.

    We have a couple of NSA 2400s using failover.  To solve the problem, we logged into the firewall, expanded Security Services, clicked on Gateway Anti-Virus, clicked on Configure Gateway AV Settings, then checked "Enable HTTP Byte-Range requests with Gateway AV".

    Hope this helps.

    To RDM_833:

    Sad to say, but it really has taken me this long to circle back to this, make the change and actually test it.

    Your Solution: "Enable HTTP Byte-Range requests with Gateway AV" on the SonicWall devices, DID IN FACT FIX THE PROBLEM.  Bravo!  Not sure how you found this, or made the correlation...whatever the firewall is doing or not doing, the byte range request issue was breaking the streaming connection.

    Thanks again, hopefully this will help other people who have this issue.  There is almost no error logging or any thing else to help identify this issue, which makes it all the more frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments