Error 30174-4

Anonymous
2014-02-25T22:17:56+00:00

When I try to download Office Home & Business 2013, I'm getting this error. 

I can not find Office on my computer, however it's listed in my programs.  When I try to uninstall it I get the following error.

I need to get this installed and setup. 

Thank you!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-25T23:12:51+00:00

    I actually had Microsoft Office 2013 up and running on my machine earlier; when I first installed it, I had this problem for over a week and a half, but randomly, when I ran the installer, it decided to work again. However, I recently gained a need to get Microsoft Access installed on my machine as well, and when I tried installing that today, it completely broke all of Microsoft office for me. Excel, Word, and outlook all stopped running, and when I navigated to their install-directories, I was not capable of even finding the .EXE's that run them. I've found their manifests, .BAKs, and all the rest of the dependant data, but the executables to run the software itself were missing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and now I'm no longer even capable of getting simple Office 2013 on my machine.

    I have a Windows 8 (God, Microsoft, you really should have stuck with Windows 7...), Acer laptop with the Professional edition of the OS. I have tried doing a manual uninstall of the software, using regedit, and cmd to clean up all excess directory-installs, as well as using microsoft fix-it. I have done a clean boot, made sure my computer is completely updated to the most recent adobe flash security update (thats the most recent one my computer has received), and have insured that I have no other versions of office on my machine (This laptop is less than a year old, so little chance of that... especially considering the fact that I've never installed any other version on my machine.) 

    Microsoft has been losing its capability to write software which works with their own operating systems, and I'm getting sick of not being capable of using the software I bought to use on my own computer. I've run in to all kinds of "Something went wrong", depending on how I install (Right click and run as admin, launch through CMD, I even wrote something in C# to launch the installer for me....) I've tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, but nothing I've attempted has yet to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-25T23:26:50+00:00

    Same problem, error code 30174-4.

    Had Office 365 running fine for a week or so. Today did a reset of Windows 8 and now Office refuses to install when I download the install file from the main webpage. I have absolutely nothing else installed on the laptop as it has just been reset, so no idea what could be causing this problem.

    Have paid good money for this, and absolutely need it to work.

    Microsoft help asap!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-26T04:15:53+00:00

    Hi,

    I was having the same problem, error code 30174-4 on running Click to Run installation. 

    Upon further investigation, I found that I had two simultaneous network connections that routed to the internet. One was a WiFi connection linked to a particular subnet, and the other was a wired ethernet connection linked to a different subnet. Both connections were capable of reaching the internet, although both would have had different public facing IP addresses.

    My best guess is that the streaming requires a consistent connection to one IP address, but the client is load balancing or shifting the connection between the two routes.

    When I disconnected the wired connection, and kept only the WiFi connection - the problem was resolved.

    For those people experiencing the same issue - check to see if you have a wireless and wired connection, or an active VPN or similar.

    Ta

    Chris

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-26T05:04:46+00:00

    I think my problem may have been similar to yours, Chris... I was installing Office at work, which I'm on a domain for... Its quite possible that the ip was being rerouted via several external ports from the network, or something like that, because as soon as I got home, re-ran the fixit, and tried reinstalling (Access, at least), it appears to be working. Fingers crossed that this will work on Office 2013 as well, or else I'm still in trouble...

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-02-26T07:16:20+00:00

    Hello

    For the error message “Something went wrong....” while installing Office 2013, you may follow the suggestion provided in the article below:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2827031

    If the issue still persists, you may follow the steps provide in the link below:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2822317

    **Note:**Ensure to follow all the steps provided in the above article.

    For further queries, reply and we would be happy to assist.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments