Error 30174-4

Anonymous
2014-02-25T22:17:56+00:00

When I try to download Office Home & Business 2013, I'm getting this error. 

I can not find Office on my computer, however it's listed in my programs.  When I try to uninstall it I get the following error.

I need to get this installed and setup. 

Thank you!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-26T16:15:44+00:00

    Neither of these has fix my problem. I still cannot install any office products. This is really silly that I coulnt even uninstall the product. Where is the support for purchased products!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-26T07:16:20+00:00

    Hello

    For the error message “Something went wrong....” while installing Office 2013, you may follow the suggestion provided in the article below:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2827031

    If the issue still persists, you may follow the steps provide in the link below:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2822317

    **Note:**Ensure to follow all the steps provided in the above article.

    For further queries, reply and we would be happy to assist.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-26T05:04:46+00:00

    I think my problem may have been similar to yours, Chris... I was installing Office at work, which I'm on a domain for... Its quite possible that the ip was being rerouted via several external ports from the network, or something like that, because as soon as I got home, re-ran the fixit, and tried reinstalling (Access, at least), it appears to be working. Fingers crossed that this will work on Office 2013 as well, or else I'm still in trouble...

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-26T04:15:53+00:00

    Hi,

    I was having the same problem, error code 30174-4 on running Click to Run installation. 

    Upon further investigation, I found that I had two simultaneous network connections that routed to the internet. One was a WiFi connection linked to a particular subnet, and the other was a wired ethernet connection linked to a different subnet. Both connections were capable of reaching the internet, although both would have had different public facing IP addresses.

    My best guess is that the streaming requires a consistent connection to one IP address, but the client is load balancing or shifting the connection between the two routes.

    When I disconnected the wired connection, and kept only the WiFi connection - the problem was resolved.

    For those people experiencing the same issue - check to see if you have a wireless and wired connection, or an active VPN or similar.

    Ta

    Chris

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-02-25T23:26:50+00:00

    Same problem, error code 30174-4.

    Had Office 365 running fine for a week or so. Today did a reset of Windows 8 and now Office refuses to install when I download the install file from the main webpage. I have absolutely nothing else installed on the laptop as it has just been reset, so no idea what could be causing this problem.

    Have paid good money for this, and absolutely need it to work.

    Microsoft help asap!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments