Error 30174-4

Anonymous
2014-02-25T22:17:56+00:00

When I try to download Office Home & Business 2013, I'm getting this error. 

I can not find Office on my computer, however it's listed in my programs.  When I try to uninstall it I get the following error.

I need to get this installed and setup. 

Thank you!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-14T11:04:38+00:00

    I installed it once that worked then didn't work. it ran for a bit but, then the error code showed up again. So I used fixit and re installed again. Need help. I can't install it again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-11T22:09:43+00:00

    I have worked with Microsoft support on this error before. In my case, the problem is that my university's network architecture uses a hidden proxy server to scrub/filter the connection. Both times Microsoft was unable to fix the problem directly. They had a work around where, in last-ditch cases, they just manually install Office without Click-to-Run.

    Anyway, yes, this is a network architecture problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-27T04:38:22+00:00

    Neither of these has fix my problem. I still cannot install any office products. This is really silly that I coulnt even uninstall the product. Where is the support for purchased products!

    Hello Frank,

    As you’re unable to uninstall Office 2013, you may manually remove the Office traces from the Computer by following the link below then try to install Office and check how it works.

    Refer to the section ‘Manual steps for uninstalling Office 2013 or Office 365’ in order to manually remove the Office traces then try to re-install Office and verify the status.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501/en-us

    Also while trying to install Office 2013/Office 365, try the steps suggested by other users who were able to install by changing the network connection.

    Let us know the result to assist you further.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-26T17:33:01+00:00

    Yes, same here. Initial error code appeared when I was at work, but as soon as I came home it worked without a single problem. Office all installed now. It must be something to do with the network connection.

    I suggest anyone else still needing help should put in a support request via your Office account page (you can be called or have someone chat online with you, usually within 5 to 10 minutes). I received help almost immediately and when the first guy couldn't help, he escalated the issue and I received a call this morning (I gave my desired time slot) from a senior technician. As it happens I missed the call but the technician left a message and even phoned back twice until he got me. I'm quite surprised by the excellent customer service, you just wouldn't expect it from such a huge company. Congratulations MS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-02-26T16:27:53+00:00

    I finally got mine to work by switching to WiFi instead of the LAN.  Something about the way the proxy is set up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments