Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Error 30174-4
When I try to download Office Home & Business 2013, I'm getting this error.
I can not find Office on my computer, however it's listed in my programs. When I try to uninstall it I get the following error.
I need to get this installed and setup.
Thank you!
Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2017-03-27T00:00:24+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-03-24T20:51:45+00:00 I dont believe in vpn. So no vpn goining on here.
-
Anonymous
2017-03-24T13:12:35+00:00 After hours spent on this, I finally managed to resolve my issue by deleting the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office. At first i was unable to delete this folder as files were in use, even in safe mode. The trick is to rename the folder, e.g. Microsoft OfficeOLD and then reboot the machine, i was then able to delete the folder and install Office!
Good luck!
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2016-10-24T09:22:07+00:00 Hello
For the error message “Something went wrong....” while installing Office 2013, you may follow the suggestion provided in the article below:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2827031
If the issue still persists, you may follow the steps provide in the link below:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2822317
Note: Ensure to follow all the steps provided in the above article.
For further queries, reply and we would be happy to assist.
Thank you.
Thanks Ms. Nayana,
Since you are with Microsoft, please guide me as to why I am getting the following Error Codes, in sequence:
- "Something went wrong" while uninstalling & re-installing -recently purchased (on 24-Aug-2016) Office-365 Home on my laptop, as I found to my surprise when Word, Excel etc. stopped working all of a sudden, since 22-Oct-2016 morning.
- As per the suggestion of Mr.Bromley_86 replied on Jan 11, 2016 here in Discussion Panel, how to overcome Error Code: 30068-4(1058), I did exactly the same: Microsoft Click-to-Run enabled.
- For following this suggestion, now I am getting another Error Code: 30174-4(32) !
Please convey to Mr. Bill Gates, on my behalf, to first organize Microsoft based on Business Ethics and Customer Satisfaction as two pillars supporting this edifice, rather than greed, profit-at-any-cost attitude of this crumbling enterprise, with an army of dis-satisfied Customers Worldwide.