Error 30174-4

Anonymous
2014-02-25T22:17:56+00:00

When I try to download Office Home & Business 2013, I'm getting this error. 

I can not find Office on my computer, however it's listed in my programs.  When I try to uninstall it I get the following error.

I need to get this installed and setup. 

Thank you!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-09T14:55:02+00:00

    First off, I was with a MS Support person who was working on my machine remotely for 4 hours and still could not fix the problem. Believe me, everything that was identified in here has been done. Its been escalated to level 2 who will contact me tomorrow. There has not been a problem in buying the CD and downloading it that way. If level 2 cannot fix the problem that might need to be the route I have to take....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-12T16:08:10+00:00

    Just got off a call with Dell's Office 365 Support and thought I'd add a link that helped us through this error. I assume the install is nearly the same with Home, or other versions.

    In our corporate environment, we use a WatchGuard firewall, and this prevented the installer from reaching activation URLs/IPs. See this article below for a full list of URL's and IP's.

    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh373144.aspx

    Once we added these URL's and IP's our install moved along perfectly. If you have any sort of firewall beyond your workstation, be sure to check these settings.

    JC

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-27T07:25:00+00:00

    I struggled with this error for two days straight. I even had a Microsoft tech remote in and he was unable to resolve, ultimately deciding to take the computer down for a chkdsk and then disappearing. 

    I was finally able to get this to work - I followed the steps for how to manually uninstall Office 2013 on the Microsoft site - I had run the Fixit about a dozen times, but to no avail.

    Many of the folders and registry keys the article mentions did not exist, but I followed the directions as best I could. I think what actually fixed this (in my case) was Step 5-7 where it says "Delete the FFPackageLocker folder." - Only mine wasn't called FFPackageLocker - it was called ClickOnceLocker or something similar. 

    Once I deleted this file and then worked the rest of the steps outlined through Step 7, I tried running the Office 365 install again - and my hope began to rise as it cleared 70% (previously it crapped out with the 30174-4 error at around 58%-64%). Fianlly, it reached 100% and began installing!

    So, in my case I believe all I really needed to do this whole time was go in and delete either C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRunPackageLocker (or C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Office\FFPackageLocker had it existed) and the install would have worked.

    If you're pulling your hair out, this easy fix is worth a shot. If it doesn't work, you may try following the rest of the steps at https://support.office.com/en-au/article/manually-uninstall-Office-2013-or-Office-365-1d1110d5-75a4-4154-969e-4260ff29b232

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more