Error 30174-4

Anonymous
2014-02-25T22:17:56+00:00

When I try to download Office Home & Business 2013, I'm getting this error. 

I can not find Office on my computer, however it's listed in my programs.  When I try to uninstall it I get the following error.

I need to get this installed and setup. 

Thank you!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-20T16:56:04+00:00

    I just discovered that this does not seem to be compatible with Sonicwall firewalls.  I have had several customers that could not get this to work and had to go to great lengths before it did.

    I tried bypassing the Sonicwall firewall at this last customer and it worked perfectly with no issues.

    I makes me wonder if other firewall devices are causing the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-26T16:27:53+00:00

    I finally got mine to work by switching to WiFi instead of the LAN.  Something about the way the proxy is set up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-26T16:15:44+00:00

    Neither of these has fix my problem. I still cannot install any office products. This is really silly that I coulnt even uninstall the product. Where is the support for purchased products!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-26T07:16:20+00:00

    Hello

    For the error message “Something went wrong....” while installing Office 2013, you may follow the suggestion provided in the article below:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2827031

    If the issue still persists, you may follow the steps provide in the link below:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2822317

    **Note:**Ensure to follow all the steps provided in the above article.

    For further queries, reply and we would be happy to assist.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-02-25T23:26:50+00:00

    Same problem, error code 30174-4.

    Had Office 365 running fine for a week or so. Today did a reset of Windows 8 and now Office refuses to install when I download the install file from the main webpage. I have absolutely nothing else installed on the laptop as it has just been reset, so no idea what could be causing this problem.

    Have paid good money for this, and absolutely need it to work.

    Microsoft help asap!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments