A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
For crying out loud. Does anyone from Microsoft evergive a straight answer to a straight-forward question? Please read the question, stop directing people to other threads that have no relevance, and offer an answer.
I am also having this issue with data source references changing in pivot tables (Excel 2010) and would like to have it so that my master file that contains the pivot tables have and retain a data source reference that does not change unless I change it.
Microsoft: Is this or is this not possible?
Thank-you.
It was super frustrating for me too. I tried multiple different things till one solution clicked for me.
The work around that fixed this issue for me was to create a data model and use the data model as the data source for the pivot table.
The data model is a feature of the power pivot add-in which is available for free on Microsoft's website.
Hope this helps.