My Word randomly capitalizes the letter "i" at the start of words, how do I get it to stop

Anonymous
2013-07-11T17:21:59+00:00

About 2/3 of the time, my Microsoft Word autocapitalizes the letter i in front of words, much like it would for the word "I"; so a sentence might read "I was walking In the park, where I met my friend John Inside the cafe", capitalizing In and Inside.  I can go back and correct it and it doesn't recapitalize but it's really annoying, and I can't figure out how to disable it.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2018-09-20T15:20:59+00:00

    Check which options for "predictive" text have been enabled for your operating system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2018-06-07T00:43:19+00:00

    Does the reference to the "Play store" mean that you are running Word on an Android device? I'm not sure that all functionality of Word is available on that platform.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2018-06-05T14:30:09+00:00

    In that case, make sure that the correct language formatting has been applied to text and check which AutoCorrect entries are defined in your installation of Word, for the selected language.

    The key here is that language is a property of text characters. For "everything" on language formatting, see http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com/MasterSpellCheck.htm.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-19T16:36:05+00:00

    Version of Word?

    If 365 please give release or build number.

    I think that is****8730.2127 from what I can see in control panel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Charles Kenyon 171K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2017-12-19T16:22:12+00:00

    Version of Word?

    If 365 please give release or build number.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments