Import Powerpoint into Onenote and all slides end up under same note.

Anonymous
2014-02-27T21:20:51+00:00

I am using Onenote and Powerpoint 2013.

I have selected under Advanced Options to split long print outs into individual notes in OneNote.  This was working fine when i dragged PowerPoint presentations into onenote.  The slides would get put into individual notes as i would expect as i had this option selected.

All of a sudden today, i dragged a powerpoint into onenote, and the slides all get lumped into one note.  119 slides all under the same note.  I want them to go into individual notes as it did before.  I went to options, advanced, turned the Printouts insert long printouts on multiple pages, off then tried again, then on and tried again, i tried rebooting, everything.  It always comes back the same.  No matter what i select, when i drag powerpoint into Onenote, it ends up all on the same page.  I tried going to Powerpoint and selecting print to Onenote.  I tried every option.  Still same result, all slides end up in same page in onenote.  What happened?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-17T23:48:04+00:00

    I realize that this is the way many people have performed this operation.

    However, when I click on "view installed updates" I am shown a blank screen that states no updates are installed.  

    I believe it erased all previous files and replaced them w/ the new SP.   

    I think i'm stuck waiting for the fixes....unfortunately...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-17T23:20:15+00:00

     Went to installed updates and nothing was there. 

    At first you must click on View installed updates to see SP1:

    Bernd

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-17T16:24:17+00:00

    I'm running windows 8.1  can you explain to me how to uninstall the SP?    I can't figure it out.  Went to installed updates and nothing was there.  I don't want to screw every office program up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-17T16:20:00+00:00

    This has rendered Onenote completely useless for me and fellow students with me in Med school.  Please emphasize the need for this to be fixed immediately with the Onenote programmers. 

    Inconvenient doesn't even begin to describe this problem.

    I'm at university and I need to insert a lot of pdf document inside OneNote, I have uninstalled the service pack update for the moment. I hope that Microsoft will fix this soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-17T15:12:31+00:00

    This has rendered Onenote completely useless for me and fellow students with me in Med school.  Please emphasize the need for this to be fixed immediately with the Onenote programmers. 

    Inconvenient doesn't even begin to describe this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments