Where has autocorrect gone in Word 365?

Anonymous
2013-07-09T23:23:33+00:00

Presumably through an oversight, Microsoft has very annoyingly dropped autocorrect from the right click menu on spelling errors. Does anyone know how to get it back? Probably not - I have researched it and found no answers. However a good work around is to add Autocorrect options to the quick access toolbar which is almost as good. Microsoft - please bring back right click autocorrect in the next version of Word/Office.

Also if you're reading this, please also reduce the spaces between icons in the QAT - it is annoying that I can't fit as many on one page width as I could in 2010. Sad that it is not nearly as good as the 2003 QAT on which you could fit as many rows as you wanted!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-04-07T16:40:36+00:00

    Do you have Windows set to display hidden and system folders?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-04-07T14:14:47+00:00

    I should point out that in my previous attempts I did see that folder; for some reason I don't see now. Why?

    Also, the menu when right-clicking the link reads: "Open link in new tab/window/incognito window//save link as...//copy link address//Inspect". To do what you suggested I selected "Save link as..."; but when doing so, the aforementioned STARTUP folder is not in the list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-04-07T14:09:24+00:00

    Hello Suzanne! thanks for your advice; nevertheless, I seem to have another problem: I go to the address, but in that folder there is no STARTUP folder. Checked it several times, but when I get to the Word folder, there's no STARTUP. Do I have to create it or something?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-04-06T14:31:53+00:00

    When you download the file, use Save As (from your browser) to save it in Word's Startup folder as Elizabeth instructed. Do not try to open it in Word first (when you choose to download a file, you should get a choice of Open, Save, and Save As; Save will save it to the last place you saved something you downloaded from the Internet, the Downloads folder by default).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-04-06T11:09:58+00:00

    In your post you write that this works in Word 2016/365, but the file you share says its for 2013. Still, I tried it, followed every step, but nothing happened.

    Does it have anything to do with enabling macros? Since the file was downloaded from the net, Word disabled the macros (and I don't know how to enable it). Also: when saving the file, do I have to select "Word macro enabled template" or "Word template" or just "Word document"?

    I'll appreciate your help in solving this already old issue, very much...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments