A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Many thanks Patricia, this was the best answer and solved my problem.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
So I've spend long hours addressing student coursework, giving comments on their projects. They said the comments wouldn't work so I re-opened their documents and they appear to be correct. Where are all my comments gone? The actual comment boxes are still there but they are empty. This is incredibly annoying. Can I get them back or have they gone forever? Screen shot provided for reference.
***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.*****
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Many thanks Patricia, this was the best answer and solved my problem.
Is what you see similar to the screen shot in the first post in this thread?
Try the following: Go to the very end of your file (Ctrl+End), press Enter to add a new paragraph, copy everything except for the last paragraph you just added and paste into a new, blank document. Does that change anything? Do your comments re-appear?
Nope, at least not in my case. I checked for that early on: not hidden, not white, not there!
Thanks anyway.
I am having the same issue.
PDF would not help when I expect a different contributor to edit and add comments.
Thanks
Whether comments are shown depends on the settings on your students' machines. You could always save to PDF (via File | Save As) before sending the comments; that way, you make sure that your comments display the way you want them to.