"Read Mode" in Word 2013 does not look as the "Take a Tour" document says - wonder why so?

Anonymous
2014-06-02T05:36:46+00:00
  • This question is based on Take a Tour document of Word 2013.

  • It says, as you see in the image below, that I can view a Word document in Read Mode where as the icon shows, the document will appear in book fold

  • But then, as I click on Read Mode Icon, the following is what I get, NOT in book fold view as the icon shows

  • Wonder, why it is so, or what have I done wrong?
Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-15T05:49:38+00:00

    Request to the Moderator(s)

    May I request the Moderator to close this ticket?

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-13T12:08:47+00:00

    Yes I did.

    Obviously you missed the point of my reply. Fortunately the OP got it.

    I described all of the options and some of the rational behind them so that he could make an informed decision.  His choice was to follow your suggestion to submit feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-13T04:36:11+00:00

    The form letter you got was a way of trying to find out if the problem has been resolved.

    If it has as a result of one of the provide replies you have the option of using the "Mark as Answer" hyperlink.  Having the original poster mark the reply as answer is "best". It provides other people with confirmation that the reply really did work for the original poster "in the real world".

    If none of the replies worked, then you can post a reply saying that to keep the question open

    If you found your own alternate fix, it would be appreciated if you posted a reply listing the fix you used. That way later, other people with the same problem will be know how to fix it too.  The forum is does not allow you to mark your own replies as "answer", but you can simply add a comment at the end to the effect "PS: moderator, please mark this as the reply".

    If the original poster does not provide any sort of feedback, then some moderators will pick "their best guess" at an "answer" (usually one provided by another moderator)  because it is the standard "Official" MS reply, even though many people have not found it effective.  Personally, I place little to no value on these "answers" because there is no confirmation from the original poster that it worked.

    Thank you for your reply. You have dealt with the question fully and I have understood your point of view. I have submitted the feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-13T04:34:24+00:00

    Did you click on the option to take a survey? That might give you a better opportunity to provide feedback; or you can give direct feedback at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum. No one who can act on it will see it here.

    I have submitted the feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-06-13T02:55:00+00:00

    Have you actually read this thread? If you had, you'd realize the OP is never going to mark any reply as the answer, and he says as much in his post above. That's why I suggested he provided feedback about the uselessness of the reminder email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments