A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
I'll wait and see what responses you get (as I don't use the Word app much these days).
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have created several documents in the desktop version off Office 365 and would like to be able to edit them on my ipad. I've noticed that typing in these documents is unacceptably slow. I've tried switching compatibility mode on the desktop, but to no avail. Any thoughts??
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'll wait and see what responses you get (as I don't use the Word app much these days).
When is Microsoft going to wake up and address the multitude of issues with MS Office for iPad!?!
8 months with no resolution, or even any acknowledgement of these issues is a complete and total abdication of their responsibilities to their customers! If they were free apps, even then they would be derelict, but given that we have to pay for a "service" that is not being provided it is inexcusable!
We are completely unable to access our folders and files through the forced "use" of their cloud "non-service", Onedrive. This makes MS Office for iPad virtually unusable. The only way we can save any file is just to dump it into a "pile" in Onedrive, without any way of organizing our folders or files for later retrieval. This is deplorable, no, more than that, criminal, given their total lack of response to hundreds, and likely, thousands of irate customers.
Aside from that, the apps are horrendously slow. When I try to type into an app, the time lag before characters show up runs from 3 to 5 seconds after they are typed! No other app on my iPad acts this way.
And now, a further issue has surfaced: when I try to save a file, Word tells me that the file already exists! No matter what I name the file, it says it already exists! Just as a test, I named it "boop oop de doo", and it still said it already exists! The only way I could save my file was naming it: "it does not exist", and even then, it only allowed me to replace the nonexistent file!
What at is the problem with Microsoft, that they are so incompetent in their total lack of response to their responsibilities!?!
I am having the exact same problem.
iPad Mini with all MS updates installed etc etc & typing into a 4 page document with tables is painfully slow. You type 20 words and 30 seconds after you finish typing the words finish appearing on screen.
Totally unacceptable.
I've had a similar problem in Excel for the iPad fields. It happens in a fairly large, multi-page worksheet I use in fields I've created by merging several cells. I seem to be able to type data into the fields initially with no issues, but at some point (and I don't know what "triggers" this behavior), each time I hit a key it displays very slowly onscreen, and in duplicates (for example, when typing "Excel," I get EExxcceell). Each letter (or duplicate) takes at least a second or so to appear. If you hit the "Delete" key to erase the typing, it, too, erases two characters for each single push of the key. So, there's no way to correct the doubling of the characters. I've worked with this same worksheet hundreds of times in Excel for Mac 2011 and never had any issues.
I've tried a few of the same solutions as veegeedubya, but once the field starts responding slowly and with duplicates, I can't seem to get it to respond normally to keystrokes. So far, I haven't seen this behavior in Word for the iPad, but I don't use Word nearly as much as Excel for the iPad, and only have one or two Word documents that I'd routinely be using that are longer than one page and have imbedded tables that I'd be typing in.
When the slow typing begins, it essentially makes it impossible to enter any further data into the misbehaving fields. I create a duplicate of the problematic worksheet to enter health history data for EVERY ONE of my clients, so when these fields go sour on me, it creates a big, recurring problem! Fixing this issue would be much appreciated!
Hello,
I would need more information to assist you with the issue.
Is the problem while working with Word documents on iPad or on the desktop?
If it is on iPad, does typing in other Office applications work normally?
You may try editing / typing in Excel or PowerPoint files on the iPad and check the behavior.
Provide more information to help us assist you further.
Thank you