Office 365 - Where is picture manager?

Anonymous
2013-07-04T16:14:33+00:00

Does anyone know where I can find Office Picture Manager in Office 365? Windows photo viewer sucks!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-05T04:19:46+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Office Picture Manager Tool is no more accessible from the Office Tools folder. There is no Office tool that will explicitly replace Picture Manager but there are picture editing tools within the core apps (like Word, PowerPoint or Excel) that can accomplish many of the same editing functionality which exist in Picture Manager.

You can also use Windows Live Photo Gallery to accomplish all tasks since it has a super set of the Picture Manager features.

You may refer the below link which discuses about the similar issue:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/officeversion\_other-office\_install/what-replaces-office-picture-manager-in-office/a40722c3-c609-4195-b05b-5d3dd2874900

I hope the above information helps. If you need any further assistance reply and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-17T20:37:09+00:00

    I was the one that started this string! Thanks Tanzim, great idea, your solution also worked for me on my personal Surface Pro, although at work I have reverted back to regular office 2010 and have instructed all of our staff to do the same. Everyone in our office has shied away from Office 365 and Windows 8 because we all use Picture Manager constantly. A great productivity tool.

    I am a big Microsoft fan and refuse to jump over to fruit products on principal, however, while I hate to criticize MS, sometimes, like so many other things in life, they take something that 'aint broke and fix it anyway. I'm not a teen, I am a seasoned user who has come to like the format of regular Office and Windows. I LIKE OFFICE PICTURE VIEWER - I LIKE MY DESKTOP - I LIKE MY START MENU - I LIKE MY START BUTTON TO BE IN THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER - I LIKE MY MOUSE - I HAVE TWO 30 INCH SCREENS 4 FEET AWAY FROM ME AND CANNOT REACH THEM TO TOUCH THEM - I TELL PEOPLE OFF WHO TOUCH MY BEAUTIFUL SCREENS WITH THEIR FINGERS - I LIKE RIGHT CLICK JUST THE WAY IT IS - I AM NOT SMART ENOUGH TO USE SOCIAL MEDIA SO I DONT NEED ALL THAT **** - I am busy living the Dream that is America and am certainly way too busy at work to try to figure out where a bunch of young whizz software engineers put all of the stuff that I know and like just the way they were.

    Microsoft, don't abandon your faithful followers just to keep up with the Jones' - Pander to us and we will continue to be your bread and butter customers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-17T21:12:47+00:00

    Hi DoneBroke-it ... you are welcome not my idea but happy to see it working with you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-21T17:45:38+00:00

    I am busy living the Dream that is America and am certainly way too busy at work to try to figure out where a bunch of young whizz software engineers put all of the stuff that I know and like just the way they were.

    Microsoft, don't abandon your faithful followers just to keep up with the Jones' - Pander to us and we will continue to be your bread and butter customers. 

    Unfortunately, MS is always chasing "new customers" / "new" money.  They ASSUME that they have existing customers fully "addicted" so that they will accept all changes / "improvements". In the past, MS had a policy of maintaining "backwards compatibility" with earlier versions. That is why things like "CTL-C" for Copy still work even though they originated in the 1970's and 1980's! But recently they have given up on that policy which is why we are stuck with abominations like the ribbon and the Metro "start scream" <grin>

    In the past MS focused on function over form.  With every new release of Office they gave you a "laundry list" of "new features" (often ones they stole/copied from WordPerfect or Apple <grin> ) and where to find them on the "same old" menu. Then in Office 2007 the main "new feature" was the "new coat of paint" called the Ribbon and very few other functional additions/improvements. But they refused to give us any way of getting "backwards compatibilty" to the menu.  It would have been trivial for them to do that, just add the (few) other new features to the ribbon and give us a "Option" to turn it on, but they refused to.

    Then the same thing happened in Windows, Win 8 came out with the "new and improved" "start scream". Form over function (when it comes to desktop type computers), again! During the public beta test, aka "Preview" of Win 8 people (aka "hackers") found a registry entry that allowed you to boot directly to the desktop.  Desktop users loved it! MS hated it so much that they issued an out of cycle "patch" / Windows Update to totally remove that option!  They tried to fob off the return of the non functional "Start button" in Win 8.1 update 1.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-20T00:01:27+00:00

    Who is running the ship? You don't make a car one year with the gas pedal on the right foot, and then in the next year move it to the passenger side. Essentially, Microsoft developers are not connecting with the working folks who use the product.  Being able to compress  or change the format of a picture so it works in different environments is a foundation item. Who was the fool that took it out of the picture editor???

    Now I have to hunt a 3rd party tool to do the same thing, that was considered part of basic functionality in previous versions of office. FIX IT NOW!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments