Office 365 - Where is picture manager?

Anonymous
2013-07-04T16:14:33+00:00

Does anyone know where I can find Office Picture Manager in Office 365? Windows photo viewer sucks!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-05T04:19:46+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Office Picture Manager Tool is no more accessible from the Office Tools folder. There is no Office tool that will explicitly replace Picture Manager but there are picture editing tools within the core apps (like Word, PowerPoint or Excel) that can accomplish many of the same editing functionality which exist in Picture Manager.

You can also use Windows Live Photo Gallery to accomplish all tasks since it has a super set of the Picture Manager features.

You may refer the below link which discuses about the similar issue:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/officeversion\_other-office\_install/what-replaces-office-picture-manager-in-office/a40722c3-c609-4195-b05b-5d3dd2874900

I hope the above information helps. If you need any further assistance reply and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-19T01:10:23+00:00

    Does anyone know where I can find Office Picture Manager in Office 365? Windows photo viewer sucks!

    This is outrageous ! Microsoft is probably in self-destruct mode. I had a similar problem as I've upgraded from Office 2010 to Office 2013 in my company PC.  Mine is quite a simple problem which at least Picture Manager resolved: I want to see each photo date taken timestamp down to the second. This could easily be checked if either Windows Explorer (WE) or Properties would show it. But no, Microsoft couldn't spare the 3 extra spaces occupied by ":ss" in WE or in Properties, so we're left just down to the minute. Stupid, but fine, as long I could still have a means to read all the actual data kept in a photo record. Picture Manager provided that. Thank God I kept the old Office 2010 in my home PC as I've upgraded to Office 365 (which is actually Office 2013).

    And thank you all who claimed about similar loss of features and eventually someone found a means to retrieve the old Picture Manager while still working with just Office 2013 as such is the case with my company PC.

    @Microsoft: Stop chasing Apple and Google and stick to the good things you've done in the past 2 decades ! Office 8 (or 8.1, for that matter) just sucks !

    I believe that, from now on, I'll just skip every even version of Windows (remember Vista = 6, Milennium = 4) and just use the odd ones (e.g. XP or 7). Now longing for Windows 9 (hopefully going back to basics and improving windows 7)).

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-09T19:36:21+00:00

    Agreed, the picture manager was easy to use, and the interface easy to read.  Picture manager had the features from all those other programs together in one location, and with a much more consistent mindset of file management than more advanced tools (e.g. Adobo Photoshop).  Truly sad to see picture manager go; would be REALLY HAPPY (AND PRODUCTIVE) to see it come back!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-17T15:48:21+00:00

    Tanzim, 

    Your instructions worked perfectly! I am so glad to have Picture Mgr. back, which is great for quick edits! Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-17T19:25:04+00:00

    Hi LouMH, glad to know that it helped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments