Office 365 - Where is picture manager?

Anonymous
2013-07-04T16:14:33+00:00

Does anyone know where I can find Office Picture Manager in Office 365? Windows photo viewer sucks!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-05T04:19:46+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Office Picture Manager Tool is no more accessible from the Office Tools folder. There is no Office tool that will explicitly replace Picture Manager but there are picture editing tools within the core apps (like Word, PowerPoint or Excel) that can accomplish many of the same editing functionality which exist in Picture Manager.

You can also use Windows Live Photo Gallery to accomplish all tasks since it has a super set of the Picture Manager features.

You may refer the below link which discuses about the similar issue:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/officeversion\_other-office\_install/what-replaces-office-picture-manager-in-office/a40722c3-c609-4195-b05b-5d3dd2874900

I hope the above information helps. If you need any further assistance reply and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-15T01:12:49+00:00

    What was MS thinking? ... They say they had a "better idea" with the metro applications they provided. Too bad no one agrees.

    You can still get Picture Manager, and MODI, for FREE. See link below:

    wiki- Use Free MS 2007 Sharepoint Designeer - MODI and Picture Manager included**http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982760** for use with Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/wiki/office_365hp-office_install/retrieve-features-that-have-been-deleted-for-free/7f586b4c-1595-49a5-bf9c-37ac6b59a27c?tm=1431409656593

    This is a very hot topic. In 15 months a question on the topic had 127,000 views and 440 helpful votes:

    Windows Live Photo Gallery (online) is the “Official replacement” for Picture Manager - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/photo-gallery-get-started

    How to Edit Your Pictures with Windows Photo Gallery -http://www.7tutorials.com/how-edit-photos-windows-live-photo-gallery****

    If you just want MODI or Picture Manager 2007or OneNote 2007, you can start the SharePoint installation process then select the **“Custom” install option.**This will allow you to deselect SharePoint and any other product you do not want wasting space on your machine.


    Download SharePoint Designer 2007 

    • Do a “Customize install” to select SharePoint / MODI (under Office Tools) / OneNote  / or select only “Picture Manger” if that is what you want.

    http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=16573 - SharePoint 2010 Designer

    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16631 - SharePoint 2010 180 trial

    Note: the free download of SharePoint Designer 2007 includes a few surprising extras:

    · OneNote 2007

    · MODI- MS Office Document Imaging

    · MS Office Picture Manager

    · Office Shared Features > Clip Organizer (Clipart)


    NOTE: when one person ran that download it did not include OneNote. I redownloaded and ran it and did see it. We never did resolve what the cause was.

    Here are instructions on how to do a Custom install of only selected items from Office setup:

    Install or remove individual Office programs and components

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/install-or-remove-individual-office-programs-and-components-HA010354261.aspx   (Select only “Picture Manger” if that is what you want.)


    Note: 2007 version is Free and includes MODI. 2010 version does NOT include it (don’t know if it is free).


    You could also try making a suggestion on the UserVoice forum.

    https://office.uservoice.com/forums/285186-general

    If you do, please post the link back here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-14T18:38:42+00:00

    Does anyone know where I can find Office Picture Manager in Office 365? Windows photo viewer sucks!

    Agreed!  I don't even want to do a lot.  I just want to be able to crop, flip, and save to a name and location of my choosing.  Can't even do that with the default photo app. I have Windows 10 and Office 365.  

    I've found that my new computer came with a free PhotoShop Express, which can do these basic things.  It has a few other features I may use in the future so I've set that as my default picture program.

    But still -- what was MS thinking to take away this basic feature of Office!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-01-17T01:12:44+00:00

    I 100% agree.  But would extend to Internet Explorer.  I don't use MS Edge because I can't have a menu and favorites bar.  I LOVE the MS Windows standard Menu bar (whatever it is called) in all programs.  It used to be so easy, File --> Print in just about every program, now in many of these programs I have no idea how to print (or save or anything else).  Instead of making things easier, they make it harder.  Why is that a good idea?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-12T18:12:49+00:00

    it worked for me and I have Windows 10!! Thanks!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments